diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter

i use my generator 10 hours a week for the past 15 years, we on # 5 generator now. but we use it for pumping water , house is on solar and battery but need to pump up the 1500 gallon sistern water tank one or twice a week
What kinds of generators are you running? I have plans to install an 1800 rpm prime power diesel 7.5kW generator with the hopes it will outlive me. They are usually good for 12-15 k hours before major overhaul...at least on the engine side.

In light of all the things that are not ban-worthy (not even a vacation?), can we at least add ? to the reactions list at the bottom of each post? You could have charged a penny to use it and probably still made more money on this one thread than from the SS affiliate links for Chargeverter.. missed opportunity!!

I'm very familiar with the quid pro quo and press embargoes of "journalism" from my car obsession, but i am honestly surprised to hear that there were no dates set forth as far as how to handle review rollouts. I'm sure that was a learning experience for SS. It's kind of silly for anyone to care about when they got their promotional item to review in terms of days or even a week's difference, because everyone knows the reality of shippers makes that a crapshoot 100% of the time. What i would expect to happen is that all the intended reviewers get their items shipped out in.. similar time frame but not necessarily same day, and then shippers apply their total crapshoot modifier, reviewers eventually get said item and then have 2+ more weeks to get their material in order before EVERYONE publishes their reviews at same time, and people that jump the gun get shitlisted to some extent or other by the hand that feeds. That way nobody cares about getting theirs first or last because all have time to line up at the start line before the flag drops. If you aren't giving a specific date and sending this stuff out with WEEKS of wiggle time, it will ALWAYS be a crapshoot who gets their item first and thus gets their content out first, just because of shippers!

Im sure NOT doing that is probably with good intentions and 'codifying' your 'PR' like that probably feels a little "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" but it is a business, everyone will admit that, and at least with that sort of system it's as 'fair' as the belly of the beast can be.
WealthyReasonableDwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
How do calculate that? No wonder will is upset.

I still.don’t see how David getting the charger early has anything to do with will?

david makes video first, but say I buy through wills link then will gets paid?
The great Demonetization is coming.. no one can hide.. it will be like starwars.. when the death star killed that planet.. but it will be content creators screaming out!.. i have to get a real job again!

The great Demonetization is coming.. no one can hide.. it will be like starwars.. when the death star killed that planet.. but it will be content creators screaming out!.. i have to get a real job again!
I have no problem with people getting paid for content. I don’t have to subscribe, and I don’t have to buy via the affiliate link.

but I like to honor the,source, and support efforts that help me.

I don’t understand why companies don’t produce content that displays their videos? maybe sponser someone with an off grid remote cabin (me) with equipment. I’ll make content showing products in a real world situation, no grid, not in a garage, etc.

I ain’t pretty, and the videos would be crude but they’d be a meat and potatoes kinda thing.

Typically with product launches, all of the influencers will get the product a few weeks before the launch date. Then when the product is available for purchase, all of the creators will post their videos about the product.

This is how Apple does it, this is how Bluetti does it, and everyone else. Nothing special. As these off-grid solar companies get larger, they will have product launch schedules.

The company that has this down already is eco flow. Very professional timelines for product launches.

Typically with product launches, all of the influencers will get the product a few weeks before the launch date. Then when the product is available for purchase, all of the creators will post their videos about the product.

This is how Apple does it, this is how Bluetti does it, and everyone else. Nothing special. As these off-grid solar companies get larger, they will have product launch schedules.

The company that has this down already is eco flow. Very professional timelines for product launches.
I did not know this. Thanks for clarifying.

I have no problem with people getting paid for content. I don’t have to subscribe, and I don’t have to buy via the affiliate link.

I don’t understand why companies don’t produce content that displays their videos? maybe sponser someone with an off grid remote cabin (me) with equipment. I’ll make content showing products in a real world situation, no grid, not in a garage, etc.

I ain’t pretty, and the videos would be crude but they’d be a meat and potatoes kinda thing.
Sure, make a few hundred videos and prove to the companies that you can.

Not long ago I had to purchase all of my products. Considering my income, getting free products does nothing for me. A lot of people don't understand this. Furthermore I will still give a bad review to a very expensive item that I was given for free. I've done this over a hundred times by now.

If you can prove to these companies that you can make good videos, then join the affiliate program and follow their operating agreement. Anyone can do it.

Personally I do not sign any sponsorship contracts. This allows me to say whatever I want about a product.

How and why would that occur?

If I wasn't getting paid to make these videos I would stop making them. My solar channel used to be for robotics, electric unicycle rides, and drone videos. Those did not perform as I wanted so I took all 600 down.

Do you realize that there's no ads on this forum? That's because the YouTube channel pays for this site. If I wasn't making as much money as I am, this site would have to have ads. So be very careful what you wish for because I don't think you understand how things are funded.

If I wasn't getting paid to make these videos I would stop making them. My solar channel used to be for robotics, electric unicycle rides, and drone videos. Those did not perform as I wanted so I took all 600 down.

Do you realize that there's no ads on this forum? That's because the YouTube channel pays for this site. If I wasn't making as much money as I am, this site would have to have ads. So be very careful what you wish for because I don't think you understand how things are funded
I think i am miss understood, I enjoy the resources, and work put into to what you provide. And i thankyou for this. my comment more or less is directed at youtube content creation as whole. not directed at you in anyway. I also understand how much work it takes to make a good channel..
Like i said in another reply the recession is coming.. i see it effecting youtube, paytron, stuff like that. I am in tech. when the dot bomb hit, alot of people were on the street quick.

Last edited:

And I agree,
I am just seeing the recession coming.. and it will effect content creators. as well as most of us.

Do you realize that there's no ads on this forum? That's because the YouTube channel pays for this site. If I wasn't making as much money as I am, this site would have to have ads. So be very careful what you wish for because I don't think you understand how things are funded.
I like details like this. Its obvious the more influence anyone gets the more criticism they face. But these are common complaints or grips I see about you and other YouTubers. Between the “free merchandise” complaint or the “makes money off of them” complaint. That might make an interesting video if you talked about it. Then again you have touched on those points already in other videos I guess.

And I agree,
I am just seeing the recession coming.. and it will effect content creators. as well as most of us.
'Coming'?

According to a general definition of recession, which is, two consecutive quarters of negative gross domestic product (GDP), the U.S. entered into a recession in the summer of 2022, we're closer to a 'depression' in front of us than a 'recession' behind us and the cash pipeline from the US Treasury to Ukraine's not going to help that.

That's exactly what Victron did, a Youtuber who did some beautiful videos on the product line and his boat installation ended up going to Victron (they invited him) and getting a position and now does all their video's and they're great, very high quality, sadly it's meant his boat channels dried up but nice to see the Victron ones so classy and he's a great guy so good on'em.

From Jorno: After featuring a number of Victron products in past videos they flew me out to their head quarters for a 'chat' and a look around. I went to lunch with the managing director and his dad the founder. I also had a good look around their offices in the city of Almere and chatted to Matthijs Vader the boss!

Before:

After:

'Coming'?

According to a general definition of recession, which is, two consecutive quarters of negative gross domestic product (GDP), the U.S. entered into a recession in the summer of 2022, we're closer to a 'depression' in front of us than a 'recession' behind us and the cash pipeline from the US Treasury to Ukraine's not going to help that.
seeing people couldnt understand my joke about the youtube money going away. (which it has started) Nor do people want to believe we are in a recession. you are correct we are in an eyes wide shut idepression. its here. I see it. what you stated is correct you see it.. I guess by saying coming. There could be time for people to prepare and be aware.. I mean most of us here are aware something is coming... We are off grid or going off grid for a reason. correct?

Last edited:
I did not ever think I would need one of these because we will be 100% off grid but maybe it will be good to have between a cheap simple generator and my system in case we do get a run of bad weather.

I did not ever think I would need one of these because we will be 100% off grid
Au contraire fine Sir, as someone living 100% off grid for many years I can tell you it's even more reason to have a quick high current charger.... part of moving off grid is the serenity and nothing ruins that more than the sound of a genie running all day cus you've been in monsoons all week. You want to get those batteries charged up as quickly as possible, and this is the device to do from what it appears.

Back