diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 Lifepower4 battery is ticking on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... based on this thread I'm a little concerned about having just ordered 6x LifePower batteries from signature solar.

Should I cancel those and pay more for the SOK batteries??
YYYYEP, I recommend to cancel now. bought 2 on July 15, delivered Thursday, paper weight worth. opened support ticket they take days to respond (just responded today asking for photos) others are spending couple of month of troubleshooting, it's a hit or miss. Not sure how they handle shipping refunds, but for me it's over $200 each way, and they have a policy of 40% restocking fee if u change ur mind

My suggestion, order something from Amazon, if you are not satisfied, throw it to ur neighbor backyard, and u still get ur money back

YYYYEP, I recommend to cancel now. bought 2 on July 15, delivered Thursday, paper weight worth. opened support ticket they take days to respond (just responded today asking for photos) others are spending couple of month of troubleshooting, it's a hit or miss. Not sure how they handle shipping refunds, but for me it's over $200 each way, and they have a policy of 40% restocking fee if u change ur mind

My suggestion, order something from Amazon, if you are not satisfied, throw it to ur neighbor backyard, and u still get ur money back
1659556175611.png

Hmmmm... based on this thread I'm a little concerned about having just ordered 6x LifePower batteries from signature solar.

Should I cancel those and pay more for the SOK batteries??
Also check out that thread, and enjoy the 50 pages of troubleshooting!

You know this is one of the reasons why I dislike this company. Has anyone ever come across a return policy this shitty?
I mean one that favors the Seller in every possible way!
40% Restocking fee and on top of that you have to pay shipping!
Basically on a $1500 battery that you already paid $200 to get shipped to you, the end result might be:

$200 lost on the purchase shipping. $600 Lost of Restock Fee. Another $200 lost on return shipping.
That is $1000 lost on buying a defective $1500 Battery.

Last edited:
To get a better BMS, I would order the SOK knowing what I know today but the 2 eg4 batteries have been working for my inverter. I just need to document the shutdown and startup procedure a little better for someone else that may come across my system in the future.

You know this is one of the reasons why I dislike this company. Has anyone ever come across a return policy this shitty?
I mean one that favors the Seller in every possible way! 40% Restocking fee and on top of that you have to pay shipping!
Basically on a $1500 battery that you already paid $200 to get shipped to you, the end result might be:

$200 lost on the purchase shipping. $600 Lost of Restock Fee. Another $200 lost on return shipping.
That is $1000 lost on buying a defective $1500 Battery.
I would give them the benefit of the doubt for the restocking fee, it's saying up too, i hope they just want to have some leverage and deter abusers.

My issue with them is how slow their support is. and How they dodge nailing the problem in a good faith troubleshooting like i have seen with the OP who reported his issue 2 month ago and others in similar threads.

I'm not a battery expert. I might even have screwed up my setup and it's completely my fault for the battery not working. But i requested help Sunday night, and, only today they started responding to me via email that they need more photos to forward to the tech who will review. Why that was not requested when i got the first reply on Monday that my support / return request has been forwarded to the techs!!

Another thing i feel is they are overwhelmed. They know there's an issue but they can't just recall 120lb each battery. Richard was out until yesterday and there's not word from him other than they are working on multiple fronts to figure out the problems.

Is there any data to show that current connected has better customer support (if and when needed) on things like the SOK batteries?

Warranty damage should not have a restocking fee. Of course, they are not obligated to give you a refund; they could choose to repair, replace with reconditioned, or give you a new one.

Is there any data to show that current connected has better customer support (if and when needed) on things like the SOK batteries?
Absolutely! First of all you almost never see a post complaints about the battery, most people are praising it.
For the few people that have had some sort of issue, you see a lot of praise about how fast they resolved the issue and the fact that they stayed in contact with the customer until it was resolved.

To get a better BMS, I would order the SOK knowing what I know today but the 2 eg4 batteries have been working for my inverter. I just need to document the shutdown and startup procedure a little better for someone else that may come across my system in the future.
Can you document it here please, what works for you?. Thanks.

Warranty damage should not have a restocking fee. Of course, they are not obligated to give you a refund; they could choose to repair, replace with reconditioned, or give you a new one.
replacing with reconditioned if it arrived defective (not damaged) is absurd, specially it was reported within couple of days.
If the item is not as described it makes sense to give the customer the option to return or exchange. That's if they care about their reputation.

Can you document it here please, what works for you?. Thanks.
I just have to turn on breaker of skybox inverter first, turn on one of the two eg4 battery breaker and precharge will engage. Once skybox is booting up, I can turn on the other breaker for the eg4 pack in parallel. I don’t have big surges on my backup loads panel so I can’t test if each pack can handle more than 30a surge or not. I have 60a surge capability in theory. That is in theory is 3kw surge out of the 5kw skybox.

I just have to turn on breaker of skybox inverter first, turn on one of the two eg4 battery breaker and precharge will engage. Once skybox is booting up, I can turn on the other breaker for the eg4 pack in parallel. I don’t have big surges on my backup loads panel so I can’t test if each pack can handle more than 30a surge or not. I have 60a surge capability in theory. That is in theory is 3kw surge out of the 5kw skybox.
whats skybox?

[Update] ignore, got it, the inverter

what's the voltage of ur system? 24? 48

Maybe I have just been lucky. I haven't had a single issue with my LiFePOWER4. I just hooked it up and turned it on, 6 months ago. I have tripped it out on overload. But, that was my own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back