diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LL V2 and Schneider Close Loop Communication

Markus_EG4

I am from Germany. Don't mean to come off rude
We are thrilled to announce that our team has successfully resolved the Schneider Insight Home-Insight Facility protocol issue that was affecting the communication between the Schneider Insight Home system and our EG4 LL v2 batteries' Battery Management System (BMS). As you may recall, some of our customer and users in our community experienced difficulties with the BMS communication, which resulted in our batteries not communicating with the Insight Home-Insight Facility. Our dedicated team of engineers and programmers worked tirelessly to find a solution, and we are proud to say that the EG4 LL v2 batteries are now fully compatible with the Schneider Insight Home system. With this fix, users can now enjoy seamless communication between the EG4 LL v2 batteries and the Schneider Insight Home system. This means accurate data monitoring, better energy management, and optimal battery performance for your DIY solar projects. For those of you who have been waiting for this solution, we have prepared a detailed step-by-step guide on how to update your system with the new protocol. You can access the guide by visiting our website https://eg4electronics.com/downloads/ . We would like to express our gratitude to the entire DIY Solar community for your patience and support during this process. We are committed to providing the best possible products and support for your DIY solar endeavors. If you have any questions, concerns, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team, or simply reply to this post. We're always here to help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 190508.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 190508.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
So only the V2 will have the correct comms with Schneider? Can multiple LifePower4 with communication hub connect to insight home?

Update : I applied the update, the steps in the manual were easy to follow except it does not explicitly say press the "open serial port" button to get to the next step 4 where it asks you to reset the BMS. I got lost there for a while.

I notice it now remembers the Schneider Protocol selection, I don't seem to remember that on the previous firmware! will confirm tomorrow before I flash the other LLv2.

Attachments

• pch_sch.jpg
    pch_sch.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 16
Update : I applied the update, the steps in the manual were easy to follow except it does not explicitly say press the "open serial port" button to get to the next step 4 where it asks you to reset the BMS. I got lost there for a while.

I notice it now remembers the Schneider Protocol selection, I don't seem to remember that on the previous firmware! will confirm tomorrow before I flash the other LLv2.
Thank you for finding this we fixed it now

I had just posted in another thread, but I have successfully upgraded my main EG4-LL V2 6dip unit. BMS in Insight Home is working great now. Thanks Signature Solar!

For the record, this was advertised as a supported feature of the hardware back in December when I bought it. Many others and I had to endure over 4 months of endless back and forth with tech support, being ghosted numerous times and multiple needless RMA processes, and only finally getting to a resolution through this forum. Thanks to @SignatureSolarPeyton for getting tech support to respond to their emails. Forgive my lack of appreciation for just now getting something that should have worked out of the box. Signature Solar displayed a complete lack of compassion, insufficient communication, and poor customer service throughout the entire process.

After waiting since January for a fix and countless hours trying to get it to work, Schneider XW Pro closed loop ModBus communications with 2 EG4 LL(V2) is finally working!
Different EG4-LL(V2) DIP switches requiring different firmware and even incorrect mounting of DIP switches in the I/O board on some units caused all kinds of problems!
The problem imho is with EG4 Electronics, they should have communicated the problems much earlier on and they should have provided much better documentation on the different hardware configurations and firmware versions.

Thanks to Kaleb, Brent and Timothy @ SignatureSolar for trying hard to get answers to these problems.

ID:1 for master, ID:64 reserved for changing CAN-BUS and RS-485 protocols.EG4 LL(V2) 6-Dip Switch ID Settings.png
6-Slot DIP switch layout on front panel: ID:1 for Master
EG4 LL(V2) DIP-6 Switch Front Panel - B.jpg

Last edited:
Hooked up my batteries to the inverter for the first time. I got an event error saying it could not find SOC data from the BMS and the state of charge did not initially show up on the Insight Home's power view, but after changing the battery association setting in the BMS device to "house battery bank 1" the SOC showed up and the battery Level LEDs showed up for the first time in months! LOL

bms.jpg

Last edited:
This fixed everything for me THANKS!!

Hooked up my batteries to the inverter for the first time. I got an event error saying it could not find SOC data from the BMS and the state of charge did not initially show up on the Insight Home's power view, but after changing the battery association setting in the BMS device to "house battery bank 1" the SOC showed up and the battery Level LEDs showed up for the first time in months! LOL

View attachment 148965

Attachments

• 1685040747143.png
    1685040747143.png
    454.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 1685040842469.png
    1685040842469.png
    433.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1685040908096.png
    1685040908096.png
    433 KB · Views: 26
  • 1685040953062.png
    1685040953062.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 27
I was just quoted for 2-24V 200AH EG4-ll (v1) batteries from signature Solar and I asked if they were compatible with the Schneider Conext 4024 inverter/charger and the Conext MPPT 60 150 charge controller and was told they were but the manual only mentions EG4 inverters and Growatt. So, my question is if I buy an insight home will the bms be able to communicate with it or is that just V2? And if the bms won't communicate, is it still compatible to use in my system with the proper charging settings. My husband passed in March and trying to figure this all out has been difficult since he did not document his DIY system but I know the Lead Acid batteries need replacing so I wanted to go Lifepo4 seems much easier to maintain.

Back