diy solar

diy solar

EG4LL Charging But Will Not Discharging (to SolArk) in normal operation

JaxLax

Got everything turned on officially today.
SolArk 15k with a 6pack of EG4LL batteries. Charged up during the afternoon and now as the sun fades; the batteries are NOT discharging to satisfy the loads, but rather pulling power from the grid.

What did I do wrong? All the batteries are now at 100% and in standby mode.
Settings: Limited power to Load. Batt First. 600aH. Max Charge 100A. Max Discharge 185A. And Activated Battery as they worked during previous power outage test before the meter was swapped.

Any advice?

Got everything turned on officially today.
SolArk 15k with a 6pack of EG4LL batteries. Charged up during the afternoon and now as the sun fades; the batteries are NOT discharging to satisfy the loads, but rather pulling power from the grid.

What did I do wrong? All the batteries are now at 100% and in standby mode.
Settings: Limited power to Load. Batt First. 600aH. Max Charge 100A. Max Discharge 185A. And Activated Battery as they worked during previous power outage test before the meter was swapped.

Any advice?
You can up your max charge to 180-240 amps. 30-50 amps per battery.

Screenshot_20231102_211653_Edge.jpg

I failed to turn on Time of Use.
checked it and all started discharging.
Consider switching to load first. This will use your PV to cover the house loads first as your panels ramp up in the am, as they take over and surpass the loads then the batteries will charge, all the while your loads will be handled by the PV. Once your batteries are full then if you are grid tied and able to sell back then those settings will take over. But any spike in loads or usage of batteries will be taken care of first as they have priority over grid sell.

Consider switching to load first. This will use your PV to cover the house loads first as your panels ramp up in the am, as they take over and surpass the loads then the batteries will charge, all the while your loads will be handled by the PV. Once your batteries are full then if you are grid tied and able to sell back then those settings will take over. But any spike in loads or usage of batteries will be taken care of first as they have priority over grid sell.
This is what I did at the time of use alteration too.

Back