diy solar

diy solar

Enphase System with sub panel questions

SYKSolar

Does any one has this situation?
I have a DIY 2.19W system with Growatt inverter and EG-4 battery Off Grid installed at my garage. That basically supports all my electrical need for my garage. My garage also has a 60A sub panel fed from a 200A Main Service Panel and remain as is. I basically ran another set of wiring and added new outlets for the DIY solar. That means I have two independent sources of electric supply to my garage.

As I am planning to add a grid-tie solar system to my main home. It wasn't viable for me to put solar panels on my main home's roof so that all the equipment can be installed near the 200A Main Service Panel.
That said, I have to put the new solar panels on a structure attached to my garage. My garage is 25 feet away from the Main Service Panel. Since the existing sub panel in my garage is already fed by an underground wires/conduit with a double pole 70A breaker from the main service panel. I may just use that underground wiring/conduit to tie my solar power to the utility grid and replacing the 70A with a 40A breaker . By doing that, I would lost the utility line source to my garage while I can still maintenance if I keep my current DIY Solar.
I am planning to use the Enphase micrinveter and their combiner box and had to be installed them at the garage. If I eliminated my DIY solar, then I have no power to my garage.

Can I add a sub panel from the Combiner Box or before the Combiner Box to supply electricity to my garage?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back