diy solar

diy solar

EPEver tracer 4215AN won’t charge after lunch.

I know that you dont want hear this but buy a MT 50 for programing it. Will has said the same thing. Easy to program with a mt50. But in the meantime you need to supply us some more info. Panel sizes, watt, amps, volts, how are they wired?
I'm kind of committed to this controller for now.

I have one of these panels:

I was given this panel:

They are wired together with a branch connector in series.

I'm kind of committed to this controller for now.

I have one of these panels:

I was given this panel:

Yes keep the epever controller, i have 3 of them but buy a mt50 to program it. You can get it off amazon for about 30 bucks.

Visit the EPEVER Store
4.7 out of 5 stars49Reviews

EPEVER MT-50 Remote Meter MT-50 Solar Controller LCD Display Remote Meter Fit for TracerAN, BN, TRIRON Series Solar Panel Battery Regulator​

1. EPEVER MT-50 Remote Meter MT-50 Solar Controller LCD Display Remote Meter Fit for TracerAN, BN, TRIRON Series Solar Panel Battery Regulator

I also have the MT-50 controller. I'm reading you cannot do all programming with this controller and some of it you need a laptop or android app (I use an iPhone)

I also have the MT-50 controller. I'm reading you cannot do all programming with this controller and some of it you need a laptop or android app (I use an iPhone)
Hmmm, that is all i have ever used. Mine have never been hooked up to a lap top. What else would you need to set?

Hmmm, that is all i have ever used. Mine have never been hooked up to a lap top. What else would you need to set?
I use a laptop. The program doesn't have a lot of instructions but not too hard to figure out. If anyone needs help or has questions, I might can help. It lets you see every setting on one screen, save settings, import settings, etc. It also has a monitor for recording output to a screen graph. You can see your watts, amps, PV volts, etc curves over time. You can set the sample period in seconds.

I use a laptop. The program doesn't have a lot of instructions but not too hard to figure out. If anyone needs help or has questions, I might can help. It lets you see every setting on one screen, save settings, import settings, etc. It also has a monitor for recording output to a screen graph. You can see your watts, amps, PV volts, etc curves over time. You can set the sample period in seconds.
What did you do to connect? When I try to connect it fails.

Do you have the monitor program install and setup instructions (Word file as I recall) that describe how to configure the Com port to talk to the RS485 USB cable?
I read about it and watched some videos. I have gone and set the com port, but I don't have the box to check that you're supposed to.

I read about it and watched some videos. I have gone and set the com port, but I don't have the box to check that you're supposed to.

See lower part of image, are PC port settings the same as the port settings in the monitor program's configured port?

1654898212994.png

A branch connector is for parallel
Unplug the branch connector and put them in series.
Doesn’t look like the driver installed correctly. I reinstalled and now I can connect.
I was (am) frustrated with two things programming Epevers:
-The button interface doesn’t seem to ‘stick’ with parameter changes
-The MT50 did better but also seemed unable to make changes stick.

The laptop, however, works every time.

Any other info currently on Epever charging cutout? I may be abandoning the Epevers but I’d rather find a solution.

Back