diy solar

diy solar

Ethernet connection problem on Solaredge SE3000 (with LCD display) and BT smarthub

doctorphilt

Hi, I'm new here so please forgive any ignorance shown:)

I have a second-hand SE3000H with ethernet module (no wi-fi module) and I just cannot get it to connect to the Solaredge servers. I have a site registered on the monitoring portal. Solaredge (who are trying to help me) say it must be my firewall (BT internet) but I have port-forwarded appropriately (BT doesn't allow me to enter the two Solaredge portal url's in any firewall setting unfortunately). I get different permutaions of the eight 1's and 0's on the connection screen, geneneral one or two of connection failures to server 1, 2, 3 or TCP. Does anyone have any ideas? Can I connect via RS232 or would it be worth buying a wi-fi module? Am about to get batteries with another inverter for them (I am not fitting these) so even wondering about scrapping it and getting hybrid inverter but the cost is somewhat prohibitive for me.

Any ideas please?

We have two of the same units, and I was able to get the monitoring via Ethernet set up, but it required hiring a certified installer to hook it up to the SolarEdge monitoring system.

The initial connection to Ethernet is pretty easy. The RJ-45 connector is under the bottom edge of the main board on the left hand side. Please follow the safe shutdown procedure before taking the cover off! (see below)

The tricky part is getting the Ethernet plug through the water-tight gland on the bottom of the unit. For the first unit, I had to carefully pare off the outside of the connector’s housing to get it to fit. For the second one, I bought a cable with a smaller housing.

After it’s powered back up, I used the mySolarEdge app to reconfigure it from 3G to Ethernet. I could then see it on my router’s browser-based admin page, and ping it from a terminal app. Since the unit needs to be at a particular IP address in order to be reliably connected to SolarEdge, you’ll need to “reserve” whatever IP address it’s on. For my Netgear Nighthawk mesh router, it is Advanced > LAN Setup > Address Reservation.

After that, the installers had to come in and do their magic with the SolarEdge SetApp, something that’s not available to end users.

Ethernet setup is on page 54:

Good luck!

Mark

SolarEdge Inverter monitor wifi replacement. $40 IOGear GWU637 Easy to install. Works great!!
My inverter is the SolarEdge SE6000H-US. The IOGear device replaced the SolarEdge wifi and saved hundreds of dollars!! I looked into Powerline adapters, but the IOGear GWU637 is much much simpler and works without a hitch. Use the SolarEdge "SetApp" to make the connection inside the inverter to Ethernet. Hook ethernet cable to the inverter board at the ethernet jack and the other end of the cable to the GWU 637. For power, the 637 can be plugged into the USB port (next to the ethernet/LAN port) on the inverter board, or can be plugged in AC outlet with included ac adapter. You only need the SetApp application and then follow the simple IOGear instructions for setting up the GWU637 to communicate with your internet/wifi Network. Absolutely a life saver so can monitor solar energy system production.

My SE10000a-us doesn't have a USB port like my SE6000h does.
I installed a TP- Link AV2000 Powerline ethernet adapter in a ENCL ABS 14x10x4" w/120VAC with 2 cat 6a outdoor armored cables
Powerline Ethernet resize2.jpg

I installed this for my neighbor, Vonets VAP11g-300 $26, very similar to $40 IOGear GWU637, in his SE7600h. Works great!

1664913200265.png

Back