diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280A cells black Friday sale.

3+days and no reply from 18650Battery Store. I have the cells in the cart ready to check out but if they cannot answer an email regarding the purchase, I absolutely have to question their resolve if there is trouble with the cells.

Chat isn't much faster than email.
When asking about warranty, the answer was, " Pretty standard. 30 day warranty, moneyback guarantee. " Then asked about bloating, stripped terminals, ah guarantee and their 'terms and conditions' stating " ... as is and without warranties of any kind ... ", and crickets. Even let them know I needed to get them ordered today ... crickets.

Had a little less than $5k in their cart, guess they are not too concerned about making the sale.

Last edited:
Kornbread you are being unreasonable, you are getting a smoking deal, far better than the Ali-Scammers from a US company that doesn't make up fairy tale grades. 18650 is a usa based company I think you will be fine and they will take the cells back, you may have to ship them back though on your dime.

Not getting the warm fuzzies about purchasing from 18650 Battery Store. Anyone have issues with a purchase? How were they in getting the issue resolved?

3+days and no reply from 18650Battery Store. I have the cells in the cart ready to check out but if they cannot answer an email regarding the purchase, I absolutely have to question their resolve if there is trouble with the cells.

Chat isn't much faster than email.
When asking about warranty, the answer was, " Pretty standard. 30 day warranty, moneyback guarantee. " Then asked about bloating, stripped terminals, ah guarantee and their 'terms and conditions' stating " ... as is and without warranties of any kind ... ", and crickets. Even let them know I needed to get them ordered today ... crickets.

Had a little less than $5k in their cart, guess they are not too concerned about making the sale.
Had all the same issues. Been over a month since I sent the first email, I have never gotten a reply to any of the several emails that I sent. I spent 40 minutes waiting for the person to join me in chat, they never showed. I called got put on hold for 15 minutes, nobody ever picked up.

After watching people in this thread I ordered anyhow, got my batteries 3 days later. Testing them now.
The only thing that shocked me was the high state of charge of the batteries when I got them. 2 hours paralleled on my little bench power supply and they were fully charged. had to be at least 85% or higher. Other then that my grade B rept batteries are flat and seemed to balance really well.

Attachments

• 20230106_202831.jpg
    20230106_202831.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 18
Would be nice if they had an option to let you match the capacity even if it meant paying a little more.

BTW, are those the bus bars that come with your order or you made them with tapped thread for BMS wires?
It's is the bars came with the batteries. I cut off the heat shrink and tapped the bar for the bms wires.
I just really didnt want to put terminals rings on top of the bar.

4 1/2 hours into the little fan running and the balance seems to be holding pretty good so far. This is my first time ever doing a battery build/test so I dont know if the balance numbers are good or normal.
Guess I will find out down the road :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-003101.png
    Screenshot_20230107-003101.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 24
4 1/2 hours into the little fan running and the balance seems to be holding pretty good so far. This is my first time ever doing a battery build/test so I dont know if the balance numbers are good or normal.
Guess I will find out down the road :)
Between 3.0 and 3.4 they should be very close to each other. (If not it would be a major issue)
Drifting apart will happen above and below, in the knees.
How much Drifting will tell how closely they are matched.

Between 3.0 and 3.4 they should be very close to each other. (If not it would be a major issue)
Drifting apart will happen above and below, in the knees.
How much Drifting will tell how closely they are matched.
Thank you, I am a total noob

Not the greatest numbers. But full ah is all i was shooting for.
For what i am going to use it for it will do just fine.

Attachments

• 20230107_161524.jpg
    20230107_161524.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 22
So did you stop the test at 9.3V or at 11V?
11V, the 9.3 is the cut off for the tester.
The bms stopped there when the 289ah labeled cell hit 2.5 volts.

Going to pull it out of the pack and test it on its own just for S&G's

Well I finally got all the parts togther and a few min away from work and my honey do list to put it togther . Tomorrow I will start a test on it . Any suggestions on how many watt load I should put on it for the test . I will be using the eg4 6500 .

Thanks

Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-223121.png
    Screenshot_20230107-223121.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 11
Back