diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280AH cells fast shipping and great price!

18650batterystore will send you the EVE test data for your batteries if you ask. Also the dual screw terminals with coil inserts are EVE welded.
These LF280K are high quality cells, and a smoking deal.

Spec's from EVE:
Charging temperature 0°C to 55°C.
Discharging temperature -20°C to 55°C.

I now understand why these factory-made-fanbois looked down on DIY EVE battery.
One particular fanbois claimed his "+++++++n" factory-made-battery can go upto 70°C, while EVE can only go upto 55°C.

Whether 70°C was guaranteed by his manufacturer or not, it was enough for him to not worry about temperature; and with him having oversized panels to fully charge his battery at least twice a day, he kept cycling at high current.

I operated mine peaking at 100F (38C) during the day for several weeks and I saw no discernible difference in performance or degradation (I have done a capacity test a year after deployment and I'm at or above 99% my original capacity)

I now understand why these factory-made-fanbois looked down on DIY EVE battery.
One particular fanbois claimed his "+++++++n" factory-made-battery can go upto 70°C, while EVE can only go upto 55°C.

Whether 70°C was guaranteed by his manufacturer or not, it was enough for him to not worry about temperature; and with him having oversized panels to fully charge his battery at least twice a day, he kept cycling at high current.
It depends on how the batteries are made and what type of cells are used. Heat means shortened lifetime.

Second full charge, at 70 amps.
Delta max was 0.14.
No OV cutoff.
Break in complete.

They are now under 0.003 delta.
Just for kicks and giggles.
Just ordered 16 from James. It is so nice to order in the USA, understand what we are saying to each other, provide cc and address, boom, done and FedEx on the way next week. No dealing with Aliblabla and 7-10 week wait. All for close to what I paid for the other 10 ea 16S batteries. Loving the off-grid system.

Just ordered 16 from James. It is so nice to order in the USA, understand what we are saying to each other, provide cc and address, boom, done and FedEx on the way next week. No dealing with Aliblabla and 7-10 week wait. All for close to what I paid for the other 10 ea 16S batteries. Loving the off-grid system.
Yes, it's awesome to buy local. 3 days after ordering, they were powering my loads. Including a holiday.

To those who received buss bars with their battery purchase; what materiel was the buss bar made from?

To those who received buss bars with their battery purchase; what materiel was the buss bar made from?
Same as Tim. I ordered from Dongguan Lightning and Shenzhen Luyuan, two of the better ones, but I was hoping we would get someone in the US distributing EVE cells. 18650 Battery near Atlanta GA has been in business about 10 years. I let you know how they turn out.

Same as Tim. I ordered from Dongguan Lightning and Shenzhen Luyuan, two of the better ones, but I was hoping we would get someone in the US distributing EVE cells. 18650 Battery near Atlanta GA has been in business about 10 years. I let you know how they turn out.
I think it was Ray from Texas who found some of his buss bars were coated brass.

I think it was Ray from Texas who found some of his buss bars were coated brass.
Yup
I remember that.
I think that it's an unspoken rule that we have to deal with a few bad sellers. Before we find a good one. lol

Didn't realize that we were that close to each other.
I'm in Louisville, 10 minutes from Churchill Downs.
I thought the prices listed on Docan's website for USA stock batteries included shipping?
What do you think would happen if I mixed in a diy 280ah bank with some eg4 server rack batteries?

I thought the prices listed on Docan's website for USA stock batteries included shipping?
Not sure about Docan's shipping charges. I haven't bought anything from them.

What do you think would happen if I mixed in a diy 280ah bank with some eg4 server rack batteries?
No problem at all. I'm doing that right now.
Charging and discharging splits evenly between them, based on the ah size.

Not sure about Docan's shipping charges. I haven't bought anything from them.

No problem at all. I'm doing that right now.
Charging and discharging splits evenly between them, based on the ah size.
It's not working some of the banks harder than the others?

diy solar

diy solar
Back