diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280AH cells fast shipping and great price!

These cells, and a seller in the states. Are making me seriously interested in building my own battery bank. If, he can get the 304 cells, I don't think that I could resist doing it.

Someone can confirm me if this is legit?

EVE LF280K 3.2V LiFePO4 280Ah Battery - (Pack of 4)​

$599

is more cheap than doncan (usa warehouse) right?

I'm still deciding. Space is limited for me. I haven't come up with a location and orientation, yet.

@Josh Gibson have you, or anyone else, considered how to do a flexible or semi-flexible busbar for these two stud terminals for use with inline cells under compression?

I had thought about just buying some 2ga. or 4ga. (to handle 200A) flexible OFC silicone wire and making two small loops per terminal, but with lugs and wire it will get a little costly. Even at that, the radius of the loops would have to be pretty tight since the lugs have to mount at 90*, plus you have to do 2x for each set of terminals.

I suppose another similar option would be to use the same lugs and use multiple runs of a smaller diameter wire (maybe 2 x 8ga or 3x 10ga.) per lug for more flexibly.

I also thought about cutting the supplied busbars and soldering a small section of heavy gauge wire in between to create a little flex, but I'd guessing soldering that much mass would be a PITA.

Another option would be make custom semi-rigid busbars out of copper pipe and hammer in a "kink" in the center for a slight amount of give. Probably less forgiving and wouldn't be tinned, unless someone wanted to do a DIY tin-job.

I'm sure there are other ways to skin the cat... Either way I'd ideally like to use compression and I'm reluctant to use the solid bars as they would likely stress the terminals.

Any thoughts, other than "just don't use compression"?

@Josh Gibson have you, or anyone else, considered how to do a flexible or semi-flexible busbar for these two stud terminals for use with inline cells under compression?

Check out LithiumSolar and Off Grid Garage on YouTube. Andy from Off Grid Garage just did a video on different bus bars and Lithium Solar did one quite a while ago about his setup and the bus bars he finally chose which were multi-layer copper.

Check out LithiumSolar and Off Grid Garage on YouTube. Andy from Off Grid Garage just did a video on different bus bars and Lithium Solar did one quite a while ago about his setup and the bus bars he finally chose which were multi-layer copper.
Unless I missed it, I don't think either has addressed this new twin post design yet.

Thinking about this more, I do have some thinner copper in roll form laying around that would be flexible enough if a hump was left in it.

Two smaller cables with lugs, for each post. Would be a great way to make the connections. Would be more flexible than one large cable.

Actually the 84mm flexible busbar fits perfectly across the two outer terminals if you don't need both studs.
I guess you could also just drill the two additional inner holes into those bars as well. Do they actually offer enough "give" to them to relieve the terminals, or not really?

Back