diy solar

diy solar

Another Recommendation for Docan / Amy Zheng - EVE LF280K

Any BMS worth buying will be able to tell you the current demand of the load, no clamp meter needed.

Again I’m not concerned about getting every Ah advertised but more of having “adequate” capacity with good cell balancing in every day use.

I don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape if the Ah is off by .2-1%.
I am the same way. Crazy how people will buy 280ah cells and have a cow over it pulling 278ah.

I am the same way. Crazy how people will buy 280ah cells and have a cow over it pulling 278ah.
False advertising!!! I demand my money back!!! Sham!!!

I think it goes back to the days of buying 280 cells and being able to pull 285-290ah from them.

IMO running load tests on the same bank 4 different ways with 4 different load testers /procedures will get you 4 different results.

think it goes back to the days of buying 280 cells and being able to pull 285-290ah from them.
No it's not that, they are over-advertising and under delivering with their cells and being devious or outright deceitful about it.

I have purchased 64 cells in Feb 2023, 32 cells in Apr 2022, and 16 cells in Feb 2022. All of the cells came from Docan. The cells were all pristine with no bloating. One of the cells most recent purchased had a voltage variance it was 3.256 volts. The other 63 cells were between 3.304 and 3.306. I do not have a cell tester and do not intend on purchasing one. The amount of work to test 128 cells is more than I would care to do.

I put the cells directly into service. The cells did have issues once the cells reached 3.4 volts. Some of the cells had a higher state of charge and needed to be balanced. I balanced the pack by watching the cells and discharging the cells before they reached the BMS cutoff voltage.

I would have to say that I would purchase from them again even knowing that the cells are probably B grade whatever that means. To me it means nothing at all. The fact that the cells work and work well together and I don't have to mess with them anymore means everything to me. If I kept having runners then I would not be happy. I run the pack between 55.6 volts and 50 volts for the lower cutoff.

I am not going to tear the tops off my cells just to verify that they sanded the QR codes. I really don't care either way what I am concerned with is whether for my application the cells perform up to my standards. My cells are not in EV's so why do I care? If down the road I have issues then I will change my tune, but so far they have exceeded my expectations.

I purchased batteries quite a while back from a group buy that later went an undesirable route. Will not explain further. There are many who remember.

Long story short first two batches of cells have done very nicely. Third batch is behaving under the leadership of an active balancer.

There has been a history of bait and switch in this business. Once bitten twice shy comes to mind from a song.

In the end if the buyer is happy that is what counts.

So you both are perfectly happy pumping 10 gallons but only getting 9.5 gallons of gas?
You going to buy a racecar and then complain to the manufacture that it wont do the 9 second 1/4 mile they advertise? No, because its still fast as sh*t and they're just going to tell you there is too many variables.

Just remember its proven time and time again grade A 280K, BARELY pulls rated 280AH capacity so to think your grade B's will... good luck, and if they do then I suspect they are 304 -re-lasered to appear as 280K.

Plenty of online vendors clearly state grade B if its grade B, they still sell out routinely. No shame in it any more. But actively trying to cover it up, no justification at all.

We are still a few years away from knowing for sure if you are paying half price for a cell lasting one third as long.

Even when it is obvious, i suspect Americans in particular will still think it’s a good deal.

So you both are perfectly happy pumping 10 gallons but only getting 9.5 gallons of gas?
Actually gas pumps don't compensate for temperature changes so 10 gallons pumped at 20 degrees will have a little different available energy per gallon than gas pumped at 80 degrees.

Actually gas pumps don't compensate for temperature changes so 10 gallons pumped at 20 degrees will have a little different available energy per gallon than gas pumped at 80 degrees.
yes cause everyone knows fuel in under ground tanks sees 40-70f changes in temp each day ?

Gotta think of solar thermal heating ?

yes cause everyone knows fuel in under ground tanks sees 40-70f changes in temp each day ?

Gotta think of solar thermal heating ?
Check out metrology under design section. (I dislike using Wikipedia but it's the quickest source I could find).
My interpretation is the effects on flow differences are minimal but possible.

Who would hesitate to order 16 more 230ah cells from Docan to add to my current 32?

Check out metrology under design section. (I dislike using Wikipedia but it's the quickest source I could find).
My interpretation is the effects on flow differences are minimal but possible.

Who would hesitate to order 16 more 230ah cells from Docan to add to my current 32?

“Gasoline spends so little time in the retail sales system that its temperature at the point of sale does not vary significantly from winter to summer or by region.”

Diesel is still close to that here in NH, I guess it pays to fill up in the mornings on my way to work vs after work, lol!!

"In the United States, each state has its own Department of Weights and Measure, with the authority to perform all testing and certification, issuing fines for non-compliance. For example, in 2007 Arizona found that 9% of all pumps were off by at least 2.5% (the threshold for fines), evenly split between overcounting and undercounting fuel."
Probably not any different even when gas is over $5/gallon here in the Phoenix area!
Looks like AZ had issues regardless of temperature impacts.
I found it interesting US hasn't adopted temperature compensating pumps.

I was leaning towards 18650 for my next round of 230ah but the $500 plus shipping is pushing my back to docan. Both my transactions in 2022 were flawless and cells are performing fine.

Back