diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280AH enclosures? 96 units

wefixit

Hi All,
I have just ordered 104 units of EVE 280AH for Australia. My only concern is that I need 2 things:
- Good BMS - i was thinking a Chargery unless anyone suggests anything else?
- Enclosure. What has everyone done with storing these units? ideally, it would be great if they went into a Server rack.

i did try and search through the forum, but the only ones i can seem to find are SEPLOS - which look pretty good but are expensive.

My main application would be to put these onto my commercial warehouse with solar panels. I haven't chosen the solar panels yet, but will look at 100-200kw of solar panels. I'll be running big air cons and a lot of servers - a mini data centre.

Appreciate your help

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in the process of building a 39kWh Lithium LMO/NMC (3.7V chemistry) bank. Due to reported issues with the Chargery, I would not consider it.

Given your substantially larger bank and presumably critical application, I would NOT consider it. I would look into the ZEVA BMS:

It will be more expensive and have a steeper learning curve, but it's a much higher quality unit, and being Australia based, I suspect that you'll get vastly better support.

Hi All,
I have just ordered 104 units of EVE 280AH for Australia. My only concern is that I need 2 things:
- Enclosure. What has everyone done with storing these units? ideally, it would be great if they went into a Server rack.

i did try and search through the forum, but the only ones i can seem to find are SEPLOS - which look pretty good but are expensive.

My main application would be to put these onto my commercial warehouse with solar panels. I haven't chosen the solar panels yet, but will look at 100-200kw of solar panels. I'll be running big air cons and a lot of servers - a mini data centre.

Appreciate your help
Try the batrium wm4 and blockmons. I'm running 112 of those cells on that bms.

I just put them in shelves in a line so you can use the bus bars and compress easily.

Sounds like you are building a large ups and want to run lots and lots of amps when in use and batteries lasting for only a few hours? You wouldn't want to charge more than 50-100 kw with the cells, only half of your projected solar!

In that case a simple bms hooked to a large relay might be best. The power drain to keep it open won't be of much consequence for that use. Then any simple reliable low amp bms would work. You could detect any failure and replace a broken unit without issue as it sounds like you are on grid.

Hi All,

Appreciate your help

What voltage are you going to run ?

100-200w solar panels are pretty DIY solar shed (I'm running Renogy 100w and 200w panels on mine).

Considering you have over 90kWh there, I would suggest you go for 500w panels.

If you are looking at getting a solar rebate, you need a top 10 supplier, so you can't use just any solar panel manufacturer off Alibaba.

AUSTRALIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION - Rules & Regs are Changing in OZ !
Time to check & verify rules regs & requirements.
Apparently, beyond the articles shown below, there are more changes coming over the next couple of months.

Solar panel fire season is all year round and it’s getting more intense in Australia (theconversation.com)

Standards evolve as solar PV continues to grow – pv magazine Australia (pv-magazine-australia.com)
The irony of the increased rooftop fires is due to DC isolators placed on the roof. This was mandated by Australian standards some years back. New Zealand refused to be part of this madness after looking at the European experience.

The irony of the increased rooftop fires is due to DC isolators placed on the roof. This was mandated by Australian standards some years back. New Zealand refused to be part of this madness after looking at the European experience.
Anyone know if the new standards remove the requirement for the roof top isolator..?

Matt

i have put the batteries on hold.... basen couldnt ship them to Darwin. I'll be ordering off Amy in the next couple of weeks.
i will read up about the new regulations. just trying to find a box or rack that will fit this many batteries
any ideas?

thats a good idea, im thinking of going a server rack. i can then adjust the height all the way up. i just have to see if 16 fit on a shelf

Hey Jejochen I've sot a similar setup to you
3 phases
3x 5kw Victron Multiplus 2
3x Solaredge 5kW AC coupled (20kw Solar)
1x Victron MPPT 450/200 (13kw Solar)
96x 280Ah EVE Cells (arriving feb 2022)

I've ordered a Watchmon core and 6x Cellmate K9's as I was going to create 6x 16s battery packs but have had advice to parallel them first to create 1 or 2 big packs - just wondering what you did with your setup and how it's working for you?

Back