diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280k V3 A- Doesn't absorb down to .10A EBC Tester room for concern?

brandonboosted

Not really concerned per say but was wondering if anyone else has had issues when testing, specifically the charging cycle, if it ever got out of absorption at 3.6v with a .10a cutoff? I have ran 48 different cells on this tester now and this is the first time it wouldn't hit the .10a cutoff it just held .20a range. I let it do this for maybe 6 hours until I stopped it and continued the discharge cycle test. Has anyone else experienced this? any room for concern? Only thing I've really read that comes close is just that these EVE V3's not staying balanced between other cells at higher voltages that most don't use anyhow. I only charge to 3.45 in normal conditions but for testing purposes I like to take them to the min max regions.

Where are you getting .1a is needed?

.2 is .00007c that’s hardly anything, waiting on .01 might actually cause more harm (assuming you let it sit there for hours on end)

.2 is .00007c that’s hardly anything, waiting on .01 might actually cause more harm (assuming you let it sit there for hours on end)
Not needed but just thought it was unusual as every cell before that would absorb in a couple hours to the threshold.

Or even days, possibly.

Some of the cells wont even absorb with a 1A cut off current. I stop it before the timeframe gets too long but just thought this experience was abnormal from my previous testing and other tests online.

By the time the 280AH cells are taking <14A they are FULL.
280AH X 0.05 = 14A which is the TailCurrent / EndAmps.
On FIRST Topcharge/Topbalance you can take teh cells to 3.650 and down to 10A which will FULLY Activate the cells & electrolyte.
LFP cells should be Top Charged is fresh from production, or if they have been stored for longer than 3 months (if unused).

By trying to charge them down to such a low Amperage you are NOT doing the cells any good whatsoever ! They are NOT intended to be charged & held at that voltage for any period of time as that is at teh TOP of the "Allowable Voltage Range" and well above the actual "Working Voltage Range"

BTW: The Working Voltage Range (3.000-3.400vpc) is what manufacturers certify to be able to deliver the specified AH Rating of the cells.
The Allowable range (2.500-3.650) is the voltages that will not actively harm or damage the cells. This is not intended to be working useable.

By the time the 280AH cells are taking <14A they are FULL.
280AH X 0.05 = 14A which is the TailCurrent / EndAmps.
On FIRST Topcharge/Topbalance you can take teh cells to 3.650 and down to 10A which will FULLY Activate the cells & electrolyte.
LFP cells should be Top Charged is fresh from production, or if they have been stored for longer than 3 months (if unused).

By trying to charge them down to such a low Amperage you are NOT doing the cells any good whatsoever ! They are NOT intended to be charged & held at that voltage for any period of time as that is at teh TOP of the "Allowable Voltage Range" and well above the actual "Working Voltage Range"

BTW: The Working Voltage Range (3.000-3.400vpc) is what manufacturers certify to be able to deliver the specified AH Rating of the cells.
The Allowable range (2.500-3.650) is the voltages that will not actively harm or damage the cells. This is not intended to be working useable.
Good to know thanks for the info. In configuration I only ever go to 3.45 per cell. I have 3 other 280ah 48v packs that I did test this way (didn't know better at the time). These other cells hit .10 in roughly an hour unlike these that cant hit 1ah in 2. It was just an observation I thought that could mean more, such as signs of bad cells or something. I will use 10a cutoff from hear on out, thank you.

You might want to keep this handy for reference.

quick-voltage-chart-lfp-jpg.150247

Back