diy solar

diy solar

FBI warns of Solar System Cyber Threat

If someone has a hard-on for you, ... they are likely going to get you. I can assure you nobody is camped on the transformer in your neighborhood playing around with frequencies and sub-carriers to grab your precious data. I've heard these Urban Legends, but I've never heard of anyone actually getting anything useful with a technique this bizarre. This is similar to the CPU cache scraping stuff, spectre/meltdown. It is possible in these 'broken' CPU's that you could write a program that ocassionally scrapes a handful completely random data from the relatively small CPU cache in a few clusters of machines that may or may not actually have anything you could use passing thru it. So if you can get on a machine shared with who knows who. If you can find a place to log it, and if you run the collector for a few mellinnia and you collect a few exabytes of data you may find a pattern that might be useful somewhere in there. Or you can drop some malicious USB sticks in the parking lot at a major facility, and own the place outright in 48 hours.

If someone has a hard-on for you, ... they are likely going to get you. I can assure you nobody is camped on the transformer in your neighborhood playing around with frequencies and sub-carriers to grab your precious data. I've heard these Urban Legends, but I've never heard of anyone actually getting anything useful with a technique this bizarre. This is similar to the CPU cache scraping stuff, spectre/meltdown. It is possible in these 'broken' CPU's that you could write a program that ocassionally scrapes a handful completely random data from the relatively small CPU cache in a few clusters of machines that may or may not actually have anything you could use passing thru it. So if you can get on a machine shared with who knows who. If you can find a place to log it, and if you run the collector for a few mellinnia and you collect a few exabytes of data you may find a pattern that might be useful somewhere in there. Or you can drop some malicious USB sticks in the parking lot at a major facility, and own the place outright in 48 hours.
Yep if someone wants to get in they will, I try to keep as secure as I can and make myself as small a target as I can. Aslong as I'm not easy pickings because of some major flaw in ISP routers or some cloud connected data breach I'm happy.

I bought some very cheap Chinese security cameras,
WIFI stuff.
I know they are not secure they are outside my home and not for anything important.
From time to time they move and its not my wife so I suspect the Chinese is watching my struggle committee meetings through and open window.
They are coming for me lol....

No but the cameras do move.
But they are there for intimidation purposes and have been good at keeping undesirables out of my yard

Buy cheap Chinese crap and or equipment full of cheap Chinese crap and one should expect these things.
BUT....
I have caught them looking in my widows no joke.

Password protection is probably not very good.
Hackers probably do scan for open ports on these sort of things and just randomly play with what ever devices they can find.
So I turn them off when I don't need them

Hackers probably do scan for open ports on these sort of things and just randomly play with what ever devices they can find.
So I turn them off when I don't need them
You can think that, but I doubt it. At least nobody is "scanning ports" on reserved ipv4 addresses on your home network, unless your home wifi is compromised or something. Now if you have IPv6 it's somewhat more possible. Assuming we are talking PTV camera's, if they have a "web / cloud" console someone may have broken into your account. Or more likely . . . There is a software bug that causes the camera's to park in the direction you find them locked looking into a window. This also seems a little strange to have an outside PTZ that would be mounted such that it can see in a window, but . . .

PTZ camera's are really dumb for security. You need to have multiple fixed camera's that cover the needed area all at the same time. PTZ cams are good for web conferences, or remote industrial monitoring at a "lights-out" location or something like that. For security use enough fixed cams to cover the needed area. Any camera that moves can be watched and avoided.

diy solar

diy solar
Back