diy solar

diy solar

Felicity BMS EDMS program

You will need a different RS485 cable than the one shipped with the Battery and Inverter. Although My Felicity LPBF48300 shipped with this cable recently. I had 2 RS485 cables in the box. The difference is just the RJ45 Pinouts One for Felicity Inverters (Straight through) and the other (Pin 1,2 and 5,6 swapped) for Other Inverters like Growatt, Deye, etc. Take a look a the attached file to see settings instructions to get the battery to communicate with your growatt inverter.

Hello. Pls we just got a second battery (LPBF48300) and wish to connect them together.
Do i need to change any settings on the Growatt inverter?
I currently have the 1st and last pin on the DIP Switch (1 and 5) on the old battery set to ON.
What switch position should I use on the second battery? Thanks

Last edited:
The sales from Felicity send me the Serial communication kit that consist of RS232 DB9 adapter to USB for PC, RS485 to RS232 Adapter wired to a RJ45 to the Battery RS485 port.

Just finished wiring up the entire 300A battery pack in parallel for Balancing. It will not talk to the older version of EDMS 1.5, but works fine with the newer 1.6 & 1.7 version of the EDMS software.

Available on Amazon UTEK UT-2001 RS232 to RS485 adapter. and UTEK UT-8801 1.5M length USB to RS323 converter Ver 2.0

View attachment 129308
View attachment 129309
View attachment 129310
View attachment 129311
View attachment 129312
View attachment 129313
View attachment 129314
Hello sir. I have a problem with the PC monitor. please help with the diagram of the adapter communication. I see your picture uses rs232 and rs232 to rs485 and rj45(pinout of rj45). thank you for your reply.

Hello sir. I have a problem with the PC monitor. please help with the diagram of the adapter communication. I see your picture uses rs232 and rs232 to rs485 and rj45(pinout of rj45). thank you for your reply.
You have to use the cable ( PIN 5 - PIN 6 ) and RS485-USB cable, I will give you photo of the cables today if you want

The sales from Felicity send me the Serial communication kit that consist of RS232 DB9 adapter to USB for PC, RS485 to RS232 Adapter wired to a RJ45 to the Battery RS485 port.

Just finished wiring up the entire 300A battery pack in parallel for Balancing. It will not talk to the older version of EDMS 1.5, but works fine with the newer 1.6 & 1.7 version of the EDMS software.

Available on Amazon UTEK UT-2001 RS232 to RS485 adapter. and UTEK UT-8801 1.5M length USB to RS323 converter Ver 2.0
Has anyone ever tried this SUCCESSFULLY directly with a USB-RS485 adapter plus RJ45 cable without the detour via RS232? ... or does the EDMS software only communicate with RS232?

You can't even select the COM port in the software.

Last edited:
Battery number 1(old) switch 1 on
Battery number 2 new switch 2 and 5 on
That is wrong, also the description in the Felicity manual is wrong (which tells the same). This will lead to miss-communication, even though it works. Eventually it will result in Deye displaying more batteries than there actually are and therefore having a much higher current limit (=sum of all).

Correct setting (see photo):
1st battery: switch 1 and 5 on
2nd battery: switch 2 and 5 on

Attachments

• FelicityBMSCommunicationGuide_DIPSwitch.jpg
    FelicityBMSCommunicationGuide_DIPSwitch.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 18
That is wrong, also the description in the Felicity manual is wrong (which tells the same). This will lead to miss-communication, even though it works. Eventually it will result in Deye displaying more batteries than there actually are and therefore having a much higher current limit (=sum of all).

Correct setting (see photo):
1st battery: switch 1 and 5 on
2nd battery: switch 2 and 5 on
The number 5 mean that this end of line

مرحبا اصدقائي لو سمحتم كيف يمكنني تحديث بطاريه فليستي ١٠كيلو الجديده كييل القديم لا يعمل على بطاريه الجديده هل سمكنكم مشاعدتس ما هو الكيبل الجديد وما هو المحول هل هو usb to rs232 or usb to rs485

مرحبا اصدقائي لو سمحتم كيف يمكنني تحديث بطاريه فليستي ١٠كيلو الجديده كييل القديم لا يعمل على بطاريه الجديده هل سمكنكم مشاعدتس ما هو الكيبل الجديد وما هو المحول هل هو usb to rs232 or usb to rs485
اهلا،يمكنك استعمال rs485 to usb convertor

مرحبا ارجو المساعده اريد باسوورد الخاص للتحكم برنامج EDMS في اعدادات البطاريه.
1000917701.jpg

I can’t match the Felicity LPBA 48/100 OL battery with the Solis S5 inverter. CAN Fail. Help with advice.

Back