diy solar

diy solar

First off grid system questions

Toinfinityandbeyond

My name is Gary and this is my first post to this forum. So, Hello everybody.

I have a 6500W 48 Solar Charge Inverter with six 415W panel connected in series.
1. Anyone know if the inverter is Bonded?
2. What DC amp disconnect do I need between the panels and the inverter.
3. What size disconnect do I need between inverter and my two 5.12KWH POWERWALL LIFEPO4 LITHIUM BATTERY SG48100M?
4. Finally, from AC out to my breaker box, what AMP Main breaker should I be using?
5. If the inverter is bonded, then my Earth Goulding Wire should go to the inverter, correct? If not, then it should go to the Breaker box and the breaker box would need to be bonded. Correct?

Really do appreciate any input and suggestions. I want to be sure my calculations are all correct for this.

Dude, it would be really, really helpful if you told us what brand/model you were talking about.
Sure, here is the info on the Brand/Model
Anything else please let me know. Thank you.

Solar Panels: Six SunGold Power 415W Mono Black Solar Panel SG-415WM

Inverter: SP6548 6500W 48V SOLAR CHARGE INVERTER PARALLEL + WIFI MONITOR UL1741 STANDARD

Batteries: Two 5.12KWH Powerwall LiFePo4 Lithium Batteries SG48100M

I have roughly the same system (few more panels and the server rack batteries)
1- The inverter is not bonded. E-mail verification from sun gold power and a visual by me.
2- I use a 600V / 32amp pv isolator.
3- I use a victron on/off battery switch, 275amp/48V nominal, You will also want a 200amp T-class fuse between the battery and on/off switch.
4- I'm personally using a 100amp main in the panel (Just as a disconnect) YMMV.
5- See #1. The N/G bond will be in the panel. (only 1 earth ground in system)

I have roughly the same system (few more panels and the server rack batteries)
1- The inverter is not bonded. E-mail verification from sun gold power and a visual by me.
2- I use a 600V / 32amp pv isolator.
3- I use a victron on/off battery switch, 275amp/48V nominal, You will also want a 200amp T-class fuse between the battery and on/off switch.
4- I'm personally using a 100amp main in the panel (Just as a disconnect) YMMV.
5- See #1. The N/G bond will be in the panel. (only 1 earth ground in system)

Attachments

• Catch.jpeg
    Catch.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 2
Back