diy solar

diy solar

Forever Battery Vanadium Flow

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
Interesting, hope it turns out to be all they’re saying…
30 yr lifespan…
Seems like they may be taking some marketing liberty comparing lifespan of existing Lithium chemistry batteries, insinuating they are shot in 6 to 8 years vs just lower yield. Marketingspeak.

Attachments

• 547E5B80-4E3F-4210-89CA-DDAB8DE44586.png
    547E5B80-4E3F-4210-89CA-DDAB8DE44586.png
    347 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
seems like the same stuff that many other company's say
more about getting government money and investors and short on real cost and specs.
then gone in 4 years

lets face i am not going to make 30 years :oops: for most of us we need 10 year cost comparison , because of evolving technology
i want to know voltage ect
since few us in a diy forum are using tesla battery how about a comparison against lifepo4 rack battery

but cool hope it works , i will believe it when Will says go for it .

1681916924134.png

seems like the same stuff that many other company's say
more about getting government money and investors and short on real cost and specs.
then gone in 4 years

lets face i am not going to make 30 years :oops: for most of us we need 10 year cost comparison , because of evolving technology
i want to know voltage ect
since few us in a diy forum are using tesla battery how about a comparison against lifepo4 rack battery

but cool hope it works , i will believe it when Will says go for it .

View attachment 145532
I have a bit of skepticism about all the new stuff as well, and I definitely noticed the Government funding application prominently mentioned.
Btw that’s how pv got better and more cost effective, not to mention being subsidized by tax credits.

At some point one or two chemistries will make what we think is awesome now obsolete.
So I’m optimistic.

Last edited:
No stinkin' manuals ...

A bit of searching yielded:

vsunenergy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Environmental-Controls.pdf

as a way of getting more of the "operational" details of (what I think are) BESS's like this ... some assembly/operation (by service organizations) might end up being required.

It seems to go into a class of battery above what I'd normally work with, which is individual batteries in various configurations, possibly as high as rack-mount form-factor batteries. These things, and Tesla, always seemed to be the same ... dealer/service oriented?

An Australian company was making a flow battery aimed at residential customers a decade ago. They were a disaster, very unreliable and much more expensive than LiFePO4.

Before you believe the 30 year lifespan claim ask to see one that is 30 years old and still operational.

At least with a quality LiFePO4 you can see plenty of examples of them operating fine for 15 years.

So amusing and at the same time not amusing the amount of pessimism here.
I’d bet many said that about Lithium years ago…
And mono cells
half cells
bifacial
9bb
etc

I’m not saying this is the solution, just put it up for discussion as I hadn’t seen this before.
I’m fine with the dumpster fire of “it won’t happen”

Someday, something will blow away what we consider top tier now.
And I believe in Sasquatch too…
?

diy solar

diy solar
Back