diy solar

diy solar

Fuse questions

MikeSpeegle

Hi,

I have another thread but wanted to ask some specific questions since the other thread is getting off topic.

Because of cost and some for the Joy of playing around with batteries and cell balancing and just plain ole' love of learning. (ya there is more to it but ...)

Please excuse the simpleness of the diagram I have attached but the just of it is I need to setup a 3p/4s battery setup of 12.8v 250ah LifePO4 Batteries for total of 51.2v 750ah for 38.4 kWh's of batteries.

Can one of two of you electrical guru's suggest how I should position and what fuses to use on the parallel branches of the positive and from the busbar to the inverter and if it should be before the victron shunt I want to add or after or both? See the very crude hand drawn pdf file.

The inverter is a PowrMr 10k Continuous 20k peak split phase hybrid inverter with dual MPPT controllers 100amp each. I have 40 x 290watt panels. The biggest device I will be running would be my AC which has just been tested at 11,200 watt for 3-5 secs @ 240v then 5,000-6000 watt @ 240v continuous while running.

I plan on using 1/0 welding cable between batteries in series and 2/0 for the rest.

Each of the batteries have a 200 amp BMS that does all the usual stuff plus Bluetooth, Low temp shut off, and cell balancing. please any other suggestions for fusing or changes please jump in.

Attachments

• Fuses.pdf
    142.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Conneciton.pdf
    74.3 KB · Views: 3
Back