diy solar

diy solar

General Usage Battery Charger Recommendations

Larry-Cleveland

Sun? What Sun??
Hello All,

Looking for a smart battery charger 12 volt. 20 Amp or (??)

I have:

Lead acid - motorcycle to Ford backhoe
AMG - cars and trucks
Gel - small to medium (UPS)
Lithium - eBike to 100AH in camper

I have read a review once here, but I can not find it, that talked about good ones around $200.

Thanks for your input.

Lead acid batteries should be charged at 0.1C, so 20A mean 200Ah, so that rules out use on motorcycle, car and most trucks.

eBikes often have higher voltage NMC lithium, so I'd be concerned about that one.

Victron IP22/12/20 has fully customizable absorption and float voltages and can be set for 0-20A of current. They also have one with 30A. I see the 30A model for < $200.

Lead acid batteries should be charged at 0.1C, so 20A mean 200Ah, so that rules out use on motorcycle, car and most trucks.

eBikes often have higher voltage NMC lithium, so I'd be concerned about that one.

Victron IP22/12/20 has fully customizable absorption and float voltages and can be set for 0-20A of current. They also have one with 30A. I see the 30A model for < $200.

On the IP22 the Expert setting is impressive.

I have been reading and watching the videos on the Victron IP22 and I see why you recommend it.

I see what looks like a mode button on the front panel. Is this what you press to change from a flooded to a different type of battery?

Great read.

Thank you for the link. I am a bit confused about the custom programming but I will figure it out.

Thanks for all the help guys, ordering one.

Back