diy solar

diy solar

giandel inverter

twmangrove

I am replacing a Xantrex PS 2000 inverter which recently died. I sent the following message to Giandel:

"I am considering the purchase of this inverter and I see that it has a 20A solar controller. My RV has a solar array and solar charger connected to my battery bank but I'm wondering if I can add additional panels and connect them to this inverter to increase my capacity. The solar production from my current array is not great." I then received the following reply: "

Thank you for your reply.
Confirmed with our engineering team, it is workable , but the extra solar panel should not exceed 300 watt.

Would anyone on the forum care to double-check this for me? By the way, even if adding additional solar panels is not advised I will likely still buy this inverter. I currently have aging AGM batteries and will likely change to lithium in the near future. Perhaps the Litime 12v 100AH ones reviewed by Will Prowse.

Thanks,

Just to let you know, I know that unit and I had a really bad experience with them. The first one I got would immediately fry anything with electronic controls. Fortunately I learned this on space heaters and a coffee pot. I returned it and got a replacement, it did the exact same thing. I'm glad it was summer and replacement space heaters were cheap as I fried 5 of them between the 2 units.

Would definitely avoid!

I am replacing a Xantrex PS 2000 inverter which recently died. I sent the following message to Giandel:

"I am considering the purchase of this inverter and I see that it has a 20A solar controller. My RV has a solar array and solar charger connected to my battery bank but I'm wondering if I can add additional panels and connect them to this inverter to increase my capacity. The solar production from my current array is not great." I then received the following reply: "

Thank you for your reply.
Confirmed with our engineering team, it is workable , but the extra solar panel should not exceed 300 watt.

Would anyone on the forum care to double-check this for me? By the way, even if adding additional solar panels is not advised I will likely still buy this inverter. I currently have aging AGM batteries and will likely change to lithium in the near future. Perhaps the Litime 12v 100AH ones reviewed by Will Prowse.

Thanks,
I just purchased a giandel PS-2200KSC 2200 watt 12v inverter with a built-in solar charge controller. You can hook up 3 100watt solar panels to this PWM built-in charge controller and also use your original solar charging system to charge your battery bank. This unit can only charge lead-acid or AGM batteries ! Not LiFe4PO lithium batteries... So if you change to lithium batteries in the future, this controller/inverter is a wast of money :(

I just purchased a giandel PS-2200KSC 2200 watt 12v inverter with a built-in solar charge controller. You can hook up 3 100watt solar panels to this PWM built-in charge controller and also use your original solar charging system to charge your battery bank. This unit can only charge lead-acid or AGM batteries ! Not LiFe4PO lithium batteries... So if you change to lithium batteries in the future, this controller/inverter is a wast of money :(
I had a couple of those fry electronics first time I powered them on. Sent them all back and finally got a refund. I had to replace too many wifi routers. Pieces of krap!

Back