diy solar

diy solar

Go Solar Assistant - ver 11-2-21- support for Gyll-EG4 Battery + MORE

SA won't interfere with connection from Growatt to batteries, had y Growatt to Gyll's and it never bothered to upgrade Solar assistant, Joe.
I am missing something then... Definitely the system powers off loads if the "Cable" is disconnected or NOT talking to Battery "1" on ID 1. Of course SA Will not talk to a Battery in mode "1". It needs to start at Id #2...so I am thinking I have to change settings in the inverter?, some kind of protocol or ID change?

I am missing something then... Definitely the system powers off loads if the "Cable" is disconnected or NOT talking to Battery "1" on ID 1. Of course SA Will not talk to a Battery in mode "1". It needs to start at Id #2...so I am thinking I have to change settings in the inverter?, some kind of protocol or ID change?
I see what your saying, can't have both to Gyll batteries, I disconnected Gyll's from Growatt due to the firmware shutting down solar when batteries were near full, even know i am running Garage off of Battery, now have gyll batteries hooked to SA along with the inverter, hope this makes sense, Growatt settings are use, not LI, and gyll batteries are 2,3,4 with SA plugged into #2 first. other Growatt setting on "use" for me are 56 bulk, 54 float, 52 back to grid, 53 back to battery,and 51 shut down, Let me know if you need anything else, Joe.

I see what your saying, can't have both to Gyll batteries, I disconnected Gyll's from Growatt due to the firmware shutting down solar when batteries were near full, even know i am running Garage off of Battery, now have gyll batteries hooked to SA along with the inverter, hope this makes sense, Growatt settings are use, not LI, and gyll batteries are 2,3,4 with SA plugged into #2 first. other Growatt setting on "use" for me are 56 bulk, 54 float, 52 back to grid, 53 back to battery,and 51 shut down, Let me know if you need anything else, Joe.
Going to experiment on this now...... Thanks Joe!

I'm new to both diy solar forum and solar assistant looking for help. I bought Solar Assistant loaded on a raspberry pi and I'm having difficulty getting solar assistant and my home internet to pair up where the trending will change to the correct time and date. I've tried home internet, iPhone hotspot two different computers but nothing connects to the url SA assigned to my site. I just get an error message saying it can't connect to the monitoring site.

Very frustrating, trending that overwrites the same date over and over again. Is anyone using the latest Beta that's support to fix these problem when working offline.

Does solar assistant also work for the older version of the GYLL battery ( the one that doesn't communicate with Growatt) ?

I'm new to both diy solar forum and solar assistant looking for help. I bought Solar Assistant loaded on a raspberry pi and I'm having difficulty getting solar assistant and my home internet to pair up where the trending will change to the correct time and date. I've tried home internet, iPhone hotspot two different computers but nothing connects to the url SA assigned to my site. I just get an error message saying it can't connect to the monitoring site.

Very frustrating, trending that overwrites the same date over and over again. Is anyone using the latest Beta that's support to fix these problem when working offline.
connect tge raspi with an ethernet cable , then configure wifi

You don't need the beta, just an update to the latest stable version. It allows changing date/time. See "Added ability to set system time manually. Useful for users without internet":

Just to confirm: you need to connect the PI to your iPhone hotspot or home internet. In other words you have to go to the "Configuration" page, then enter the hotspot WiFi SSID/password there and click submit. The device will then connect to the hotspot and get internet. At this point your should be able to open your site via the URL you registered. Then you can also do the update.

Back