diy solar

diy solar

Good Smart BMS for LiFePO4 to communicate with Growatt SPF 5000 ES

sahiru

Hi
I am planning to buy a Growatt SPF 5000 ES hybrid inverter. Initially I though it would communicate with the JK BMS. But as it is not working (as I found online) I would like to get your recomendation for a good smart BMS for LiFePO4 batteries. I would run two 16s battery packs in parallel. I am okay to purchase two BMSs and connect them via RS485 to the inverter.
Thanks

Hi
I am planning to buy a Growatt SPF 5000 ES hybrid inverter. Initially I though it would communicate with the JK BMS. But as it is not working (as I found online) I would like to get your recomendation for a good smart BMS for LiFePO4 batteries. I would run two 16s battery packs in parallel. I am okay to purchase two BMSs and connect them via RS485 to the inverter.
Thanks
The seplos unit works with Growatt just fine

You need to specify your inverter cause they try to preselect your inverter when shipping.
Usually you get SPF once you selected Growatt, for the SPH guys it is more difficult.

Hi I have more parralel battery pack without comunitacion.
Can I buy only one Seplos and create one DIY Seplos battery for comunication to Growatt SPF and leave other battery without comunication in parralel ?
Did it work ? Or will be some error code becouse current between Seplos bms and Growatt will be different.

Hi I have more parralel battery pack without comunitacion.
Can I buy only one Seplos and create one DIY Seplos battery for comunication to Growatt SPF and leave other battery without comunication in parralel ?
Did it work ? Or will be some error code becouse current between Seplos bms and Growatt will be different.

Yes you can, the main BMS needs Rs485 coms to the inverter on the "Can port" , slave battery has Rs485 up and downlink for slave batteries.

But there want be slave battery. I plan connect only 1 of 3 battery to groowat for reading SoC from battery to Growatt.
Not all batterys

If you are only planning to connect 1 of the battery packs to the Inverter via the BMS its attached to, then what are the other two packs doing? not connected to anything? Do you mean one pack has the bms connected to the inverter and you plan to connect the other two directly to the inverter without a BMS on each pack? if so that's a big no no and don't do it. you have a high risk of cell damage or overvoltage on the ones not connected to a BMS, your SOC wont be correct anyway as pack 2 & 3 have no reference to their state of charge to pass back to the inverter. If you have to use all three packs in this way, you are better rearranging the cells in a 3p16S config and have the Seplos bms control all the cells as one big pack, at least this way they will all be managed by the BMS albeit with no means for a single cell failure.

Back