diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5000W Solar Hybrid Inverter need information

That would be tough to put 18 250w panels together an remain well under 150v, the amperage would get out of control.
The 3000 is designed for 3000w, no?

I don't think it is the unit for me to use as my expansion gateway. Possibly their 5000, but what I am looking for essentially is a unit that will allow for the large array I want to have, but not force me into 240v ac power.

Something that at least has a 120/240 split phase option in the hardware that would allow me to go 2 different directions with the 120v ac.

It looks like I'll have to bend on the 48v battery, because I don't know that what I really want it exists. Maybe I need to just put two 24v units in parallel.

I want the exact same functionality that the originator of this post is looking for. Your Delta H6 recommendation appears it will get that done much easier. One question though. The manufacturer provides a warning for anyone not using Tesla's Powerwall. I am currently using x2 280aH lifepo4 banks in parallel on my 24v system, 560aH. I would use this to make a single 48v 280aH bank to use with the Delta H6...not a Tesla Powerwall.
Do you have any insight on using lifepo4 as an alternative with the Delta?
No it won't. The Delta H6 needs a 500 volt battery

I want the exact same functionality that the originator of this post is looking for. Your Delta H6 recommendation appears it will get that done much easier. One question though. The manufacturer provides a warning for anyone not using Tesla's Powerwall. I am currently using x2 280aH lifepo4 banks in parallel on my 24v system, 560aH. I would use this to make a single 48v 280aH bank to use with the Delta H6...not a Tesla Powerwall.
Do you have any insight on using lifepo4 as an alternative with the Delta?
Hello,
I haven't found any solution to it (yet). I am not using a battery with the H6. The H6 when the grid is down feeding my house with 240 split phase and/or feeds my charger/converter.
I would say, you can use LiFePo4 battery bank, but it will have to be up the tesla powerwall specs (voltage) and hack the communication software between the inverter and the battery bank (which I am working on).

Back