diy solar

diy solar

Growatt batteries removal

Bluewatersailor

Do anyone know how to open the batteries box ,
I need to remove the batteries out of the loft but there too heavy to move with the batteries still in place .
Growatt 5kw storage
Look like rivets

Attachments

• 29386FA3-9C98-4F3C-9559-EECF194C5A4D.jpeg
    29386FA3-9C98-4F3C-9559-EECF194C5A4D.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DB17365-B064-431C-9033-CAA3A65F6E0A.jpeg
    3DB17365-B064-431C-9033-CAA3A65F6E0A.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 13
I highly recommend you NOT try. Many times the batteries are NOT easily removed (welded connections, under compression, etc.).

Use a winch to lift the battery, and drop it to the floor.

I highly recommend you NOT try. Many times the batteries are NOT easily removed (welded connections, under compression, etc.).

Use a winch to lift the battery, and drop it to the floor.
I would if I could , but there nothing to hang it too

More pictures of the environment? Someone got it up there somehow, and down is always easier than up, but safely is a different story.

I’m not sure I’d try to disassemble it in place, that’s just opening a different can of worms. What does it weigh and what’s the model number?

Concern is , it will only come out omits side ,I’m not sure if the batteries are fixed in side or will they move and touch the casing .

Concern is , it will only come out omits side ,I’m not sure if the batteries are fixed in side or will they move and touch the casing .
Can’t imagine the batteries aren’t fixed inside. There’s no way that they would be allowed to ship something. For instance, that had a chance of shorting out if turned upside down.

Unless your house was built around the battery it got up there on its side and has to come out on its side.

I would never have a battery in the loft anyway, too hot in summer plus difficult to get to. Mine are in an out house with the inverters.

Unless your house was built around the battery it got up there on its side and has to come out on its side.

I would never have a battery in the loft anyway, too hot in summer plus difficult to get to. Mine are in an out house with the inverters.
New once will be going into the house too .

Back