diy solar

diy solar

Growatt ShineStick RF

Anmer

Having spent hours searching the web and many more hours trying to get this to work, I'm in need of help.

I've just had a failing SMA inverter replaced with a Growatt MIN 3600TL-X. It's working just fine. But I also have a ShineRFStick-X and LAN box whicj isn't working as expected.

The RF stick is connected to the inverter and has successfully paired with the LAN box. I can connect to the LAN box over my local network and login using the browser Admin.

The problem is the ShinePhone app shows the inverter as "Offline". The RF stick has been successfully registered in the app but whenever I login, it shows the plant as offline and reports "No Device".

I've emailed Growatt support but that doesn't get a response. I've also changed the server via the browser admin to server-us but that doesn't make any difference.

I'm in the UK and the installer doesn't want to know. Can anyone help?

Just to update and close this thread.

After emailing Growatt at 'service.uk@growatt.com' and not getting a reply, I tried another email address and it produced a response.

'service@ginverter.com'

I found this address in the ShinePhone app under Me -> Setting -> About -> Customer Service email.

The above address forwarded the message to the first address! So I replied explaining what I'd already done and got a reply.

Contrary to the Growatt instructions (written ones that came with the device and those found online), it's the LAN Box that needs to be registered not the ShineRFStick-X datalogger! Growatt support updated my account with the LAN Box serial number and hey ho, I can see my inverter and data in the ShinePhone app.

I've suggested to Growatt that it updates its instructions but I don't hold my breath!

So, if you have a ShineRFStick-X and LAN Box, manually register the LAN Box serial number and not the stick.

I think the instructions relate to the ShineWiFi-X and not the RFStick, even though the written ones that came with the stick clearly show the RFStick and LAN Box.

Back