diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM

What will the current be through the wire? #4 Wire is good for 85 amps and #2 115 amps.

What will the current be through the wire? #4 Wire is good for 85 amps and #2 115 amps.

IF the OP is referring to the 3KW unit (pretty sure they are) then 3000W / 48v (nominal) would be around 62.5a . Even adding 25% safety factor they should be good with #4.

Having said that I will note that it is never wrong to waste a couple dollars on heavier wire IMHO. Especially for such a short run.

IF the OP is referring to the 3KW unit (pretty sure they are) then 3000W / 48v (nominal) would be around 62.5a . Even adding 25% safety factor they should be good with #4.

Having said that I will note that it is never wrong to waste a couple dollars on heavier wire IMHO. Especially for such a short run.
Also to point out, I was talking about copper wire and not aluminum.

It is EXACTLY the same as MPP. But the box is nicer, manual easier to read, better support, easier to navigate website etc. Even the parallel communication is identical to the MPP. MPP has horrible customer support unless you buy from USA warehouse (Ian at mpp usa), and they are out of stock frequently.
When will you be doing a review on these all in one units? I am interested in one but there isn’t much out there on them yet.

Is the mpp solar really transformerless? It may be worth mentioning the mpp solar and the growatt are transformerless and the pros and cons of that versus low frequency topology. Trying to see if any of the growatts have dual a/c inputs for grid + genset switching, anyone know off hand?

Will mentioned in his video that LV2424 have 28W Standby Power Consumption, but looks like 3kW Growatt SPF LVM only has 15W of standby consumption. Second image on the eBay listing from Will's link says that. Not sure is this is actually the case :unsure: , but I'd pay extra $150 for it so I don't have to offset it with an additional panel.
@Will Prowse I know you mentioned you are going to shoot a video about this unit, can you please check the inverter idle consumption please? Thanks!

Will mentioned in his video that LV2424 have 28W Standby Power Consumption, but looks like 3kW Growatt SPF LVM only has 15W of standby consumption. Second image on the eBay listing from Will's link says that. Not sure is this is actually the case :unsure: , but I'd pay extra $150 for it so I don't have to offset it with an additional panel.
@Will Prowse I know you mentioned you are going to shoot a video about this unit, can you please check the inverter idle consumption please? Thanks!
I know will said exactly the same but I think there are many models in different years and possibly simply with more or less features that are different. There is also often two modes of standby consumption: an idle but on consumption and a standby or soft off consumption that is not running but wakes on demand I think. They also tend to advertise the better numbers I think. Good luck with your project! More videos Will, Kappa

I have 2 of them. Fired them up and opened them, and they are the same as MPP lv2424. 48v also. Will make a video soon about them. They rock. I added them to the mobile solar website: https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all-in-one-solar-power-packages.html
I’ve been watching your videos, and being new to the solar arena let’s say I’m learning a lot from you. Today I was doing more research, and no longer want the mpp. The gowatt looks like a far better unit. 3kw vs mpp 2.4kw, better warranty, and support. Now to find a better deal than eBay. Yes I’m on disability, and converting a uhaul box truck into a RV tiny home so I’ll no longer be homeless. I know you know what that is like, and because of your success I see you as an inspiration.

Yes, I have one installed(3/7/2020). I have it set up as an off grid application for critical circuit panel. I do have Lithium batteries connected (19 KWH) with about 1500 watts of solar panels.
How do you like the growatt so far? I’m on disability so I have to look for the best deal. I have found a comparable unit on alibaba that is a far better price than eBay. How did you get yours and a price if I may ask?

It is EXACTLY the same as MPP. But the box is nicer, manual easier to read, better support, easier to navigate website etc. Even the parallel communication is identical to the MPP. MPP has horrible customer support unless you buy from USA warehouse (Ian at mpp usa), and they are out of stock frequently.
You say you have two of them. I found a Growatt SPF LVM 120V/240V on eBay but the price is a lot higher than I could get one for on alibaba. I look for the deals and wanted to see if you ever search out the deals. I know you make a commission with certain sellers, and that is just good business. I’m on disability so I have to find the best bang for the Busch shall we say. Seeing the background on Growatt versus the MPP the Growatt has a far better warranty, and reputation. Will you be updating this info on your YouTube channel?

Yes, I have one installed(3/7/2020). I have it set up as an off grid application for critical circuit panel. I do have Lithium batteries connected (19 KWH) with about 1500 watts of solar panels.
Hello
I just ordered the growatt spf 3000 lvm and want to use my own lifepo4 batteries. According to the manual it says a person can only use growatt batteries. I know there has to be a way to configure it to use mine. Did you use your own batteries? If so can you tell me how to configure the unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've pre-ordered the Growatt SPF 3000 TL LVM-48V off Ebay.
Scheduled delivery date late July.
I'm wondering if programming this 48V unit is similar to the 24V one?
Also bought the Big Battery BMW used 3.7 kwh 48V Li-ion Powerwall, will be here Monday.

Hello
I just ordered the growatt spf 3000 lvm and want to use my own lifepo4 batteries. According to the manual it says a person can only use growatt batteries. I know there has to be a way to configure it to use mine. Did you use your own batteries? If so can you tell me how to configure the unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also there are videos on YouTube to set it up and I did find a place in China where I. An get the WiFi dongle. The setup video is only on installation. Not each setting but I’m still looking to see what all I can find.

Thanks, the 24 V unit would be very similar, makes sense. Will has the manual posted which helps.
Just got the BMW 48V 3.8kwh Powerwall today. It looks bigger in the pictures, not really very big.
Its got a sticker on top that has the number 53 then 33 under it and under that #127.
I figure the 53 is maybe voltage but not sure what the 33 is. Nominal is 52.5V and voltage range is 42~58.8V. I'm just going to let it set for a day or so before I turn it on. I won't have the growatt controller for 3 weeks or so.

The two are in my ranger and trust the seller and a US seller from MPP $599.00 and Growatt $650.00.
Both seem to be the same in spec.
Thanks Larry. Who is your seller for the Growatt at $650.00. I am very close to buying one.

To anyone testing the Growatt please confirm you can bond the neutral output. I recently toasted my 48V UPSverter with high battery voltage from the solar panels, so am looking for an affordable replacement.

Some (not all) of the Reliable inverters have a live neutral and will toast when bonded. Too chicken to purchase one even at half the price.

Back