diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 5000 ES

Zavareh

My Growatt spf 5000 es with 6 panels and 4 x 200ah batteries has been working perfectly for 13 months. Suddenly the AC output failed. No fault indicated. Have switched off and reset but no change. Checked isolator switches- all good. Inverter charges batteries from utility mains and from PV. Just doesn’t output AC to home load. Any advice appreciated.

Any advice appreciated.
Does anything on the circuit board(s) have and scorching around it? Especially near the AC output terminals.

Or are there any fuses you can see?

A pic of the guts might allow someone with experience to tell you how to troubleshoot with a volt meter.

Thank you for the suggestion. I logged the fault through the Growatt Service website. I was contacted by one of their support engineers who guided me through various tests using my muli-meter. The problem was identified within the Control Board - the inverter is under factory warranty and Growatt have sent a replacement board by FedEx to me as they do not have a physical support center in South Africa.

I was about to create another thread concerning this inverter, but it seems a bit of a waste, do if you don't mind I'll reuse it for my begginer doubt... :)

I've recently ordered a Growatt SPF 5000 ES, and currently there's a doubt that I can't seem to clarify over the Internet.

I see that the AC output power from the inverter is 5000W. My doubt is if that is also limiting possible load coming from the grid. What I mean is, if I have a load larger than 5000W being pulled from the inverter, will the remaining be provided by the grid to satisfy the total load, or since it's being pulled from the inverter the limit will always be 5000W in total?

Hi. The 5000w is the total. That doesn't make much sense because if you are use the grid bypass why you can't get more from the grid?. I've been trying to solve the ground problem for weeks, yesterday and today the inverter stop charging for panels?.

I was about to create another thread concerning this inverter, but it seems a bit of a waste, do if you don't mind I'll reuse it for my begginer doubt... :)

I've recently ordered a Growatt SPF 5000 ES, and currently there's a doubt that I can't seem to clarify over the Internet.

I see that the AC output power from the inverter is 5000W. My doubt is if that is also limiting possible load coming from the grid. What I mean is, if I have a load larger than 5000W being pulled from the inverter, will the remaining be provided by the grid to satisfy the total load, or since it's being pulled from the inverter the limit will always be 5000W in total?
Depending on setting 18, if overload occurs, it activates the bypass relay or enters in overload fault.
Don't try to pull too much through the bypass relay, it is limited to a decent value .

Thank you for the suggestion. I logged the fault through the Growatt Service website. I was contacted by one of their support engineers who guided me through various tests using my muli-meter. The problem was identified within the Control Board - the inverter is under factory warranty and Growatt have sent a replacement board by FedEx to me as they do not have a physical support center in South Africa.
Good to know. Also in ZA.

I have two SPF 5000ES conected in PAL mode. I wish one of them to stop outputting AC during night time, to limit the consumption from batteries, or even better, to enter in standby mode.
I used option 50 on the slave inverter, to perform this task, but both inverters stopped AC output. Dark mode! How can it be performed?

Back