diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF DMV MPV Solar Question, need asistance.

dzmdk

Hi everybody, I am planning to switch from a Hybrid system I bought from Megarevo (RK8LNA) to an Off-Grid system from Growatt (SPF 8000).

I had a discussion with some engineers that I know regarding the solar installation for the inverter. The discussion was whether there could be connected two different fields with different Voltage and AMPs or does it have be the same field respecting the sam values?
The manual doesn't specify anything regarding my problem, so I am coming here to ask y'all if you have any experience or knowledge in this matter.

Reactions: Rho
Hi everybody, I am planning to switch from a Hybrid system I bought from Megarevo (RK8LNA) to an Off-Grid system from Growatt (SPF 8000).

I had a discussion with some engineers that I know regarding the solar installation for the inverter. The discussion was whether there could be connected two different fields with different Voltage and AMPs or does it have be the same field respecting the sam values?
The manual doesn't specify anything regarding my problem, so I am coming here to ask y'all if you have any experience or knowledge in this matter.
I ask similar question. I understood it is better to keep same or near kw panels each mppt. Orientation can very. I would like more info. Here also.

This inverter in the 12kw variant has been on my short list for a while
In reading various build threads and reviews it seems that the behavior of the software sometimes ends up only acknowledging out of each MPPT the lower wattage of the two and feeds that amount on each string. My intent was to make both inputs identical to remove the possibility that the not so elaborate software gets confused
It seems that it is “supposed to be” capable of receiving differing string watts/voltage providing they are within ratings as each MPPT is independent but I haven’t seen it work successfully in any threads

Have you considered the EG4 8KEXP for off grid? 4 independent MPPTs up to 500 VOC each

I am evaluating one now and it is working very well in Off Grid modes. The on grid capability deficiencies are well discussed on this forum, but for off grid it seems to be working pretty well. I’m testing out a fix for the restart at dawn issue and so far so good.
Personally I don’t like the fan noise/cycling of the Growatt along with its high idle draw. The LF architecture is suitable for heavier inductive loads, but the 8KEXP has performed satisfactory.
Just a thought….

This inverter in the 12kw variant has been on my short list for a while
In reading various build threads and reviews it seems that the behavior of the software sometimes ends up only acknowledging out of each MPPT the lower wattage of the two and feeds that amount on each string. My intent was to make both inputs identical to remove the possibility that the not so elaborate software gets confused
It seems that it is “supposed to be” capable of receiving differing string watts/voltage providing they are within ratings as each MPPT is independent but I haven’t seen it work successfully in any threads
I bought a Growatt 48120 SCC and I am going to put my main array 4s2p (PV 1) and 4s2p (PV 2) on that charge controller and wire straight to the battery. If I add any more solar, I will add to the main Growatt 12kw. Seems a few people did this to circumvent that problem. If it causes issues, I can just rewire it to go straight to the Growatt 12kw. Starting my system setup now and I know you have been commenting on some of the same threads as I have been researching. I can tag you on mine if you want so you can see what I end up doing. Had a thread yesterday in the beginning forum that Hedge and BentleyJ answered for me. Pretty basic but could not get it under my belt until they stepped in.

I bought a Growatt 48120 SCC and I am going to put my main array 4s2p (PV 1) and 4s2p (PV 2) on that charge controller and wire straight to the battery. If I add any more solar, I will add to the main Growatt 12kw. Seems a few people did this to circumvent that problem. If it causes issues, I can just rewire it to go straight to the Growatt 12kw. Starting my system setup now and I know you have been commenting on some of the same threads as I have been researching. I can tag you on mine if you want so you can see what I end up doing. Had a thread yesterday in the beginning forum that Hedge and BentleyJ answered for me. Pretty basic but could not get it under my belt until they stepped in.
That would be great!!! I’ll see if I can track your thread down as well

Back