diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF5000 ES installed in London, England - Grounding Question

richyje7727

Hi All,

I installed a Growatt SPF5000ES (purchased from Signature Solar and shipped to London) at my home in London. I have 10 * 405w panels connected and 2 Pylontech US3000 batteries which gives me approx 5.5KWH of usable storage. The system has been running well, and I am seeing good reductions in my electrical bills.

As you may know, the UK's electrical system operates at 240v AC. We do not use 120v here.

I have a grid connection to my home which goes to an electrical panel. I have installed a 32amp MCB (miniature circuit breaker) to this panel which runs to the AC IN on this inverter. The AC OUT on this inverter runs to a separate electrical panel where there are various miniature circuit breakers that power the loads of my home.

My question is the grounding of this system.

I have noticed when the inverter is in Grid Bypass mode I have the following voltages present on my electrical panel.
Live (Hot) to Neutral - 240v
Live to Ground - 240V
Neutral to Ground - 0v

However, when the Inverter is in Battery/Solar mode the following voltages are present....

Live (Hot) to Neutral - 240v
Live to Ground - 132v
Neutral to Ground - 93v

I am concerned the various loads to my house are not correctly grounded when I am on Solar/Battery mode. When the loads are powered from the grid everything appears as normal.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? and what would be required to make this installation correct ?

Thanks

Richard

Back