diy solar

diy solar

Heavy duty busbar advice (+600A)

3x48v@280Ah Mason DIY kits
I'll be curious to follow how this goes. I'm seriously considering two of the 280AH Seplos Mason as well but I'm just going to go ahead and buy the completed pack. I asked them to quote both the kit and complete battery. Only a $50 difference.

I'll be curious to follow how this goes. I'm seriously considering two of the 280AH Seplos Mason as well but I'm just going to go ahead and buy the completed pack. I asked them to quote both the kit and complete battery. Only a $50 difference.

Not sure what you mean here?
If you're comparing the price for DIY vs finished assembled with their prices on cells, then no, but then again, their price is almost twice of what it costs at something like Qishou.
My completed Mason 280AH is something like 2.300 dollars excluding shipping and customs

I would have done this easily, my dad has a full metal workshop, but in Denmark this would never pass inspection(even though a busbar is exactly this) it has to have a CE rating and has to have an enclosure that requires tools to open.
I’m sure ”blank” busbar is also used in larger installations also in Denmark.
Doubt it ever comes with CE marking but the insulators you can find with CE markings.

I’m sure ”blank” busbar is also used in larger installations also in Denmark.
Doubt it ever comes with CE marking but the insulators you can find with CE markings.
Of you're talking about inside the boards, then yes. But you cannot have an exposed electrical conductor.
And the regulations state the the cover must require a tool to be removed.

Both my installer and various other people have also said that it requires CE to be allowed in the installation

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here?
If you're comparing the price for DIY vs finished assembled with their prices on cells, then no, but then again, their price is almost twice of what it costs at something like Qishou.
My completed Mason 280AH is something like 2.300 dollars excluding shipping and customs
From what I have gathered is that they have a kit with all the parts to make a complete battery which they quoted me $2650 USD. If I want that battery ready to go "no assembly required" they quoted me $2700. Why would I bother assembling it for $50?

From what I have gathered is that they have a kit with all the parts to make a complete battery which they quoted me $2650 USD. If I want that battery ready to go "no assembly required" they quoted me $2700. Why would I bother assembling it for $50?

This can't be right, you must be looking at something other than the 280Ah kit or someone miscommunicated something.

This can't be right, you must be looking at something other than the 280Ah kit or someone miscommunicated something.
It sounded odd to me too. I specifically brought that up with them several times and in several different ways. Same answer each time. Might have me a Forrest Gump moment when it shows up. "Mama said life is like a box of chocolates..."

It sounded odd to me too. I specifically brought that up with them several times and in several different ways. Same answer each time. Might have me a Forrest Gump moment when it shows up. "Mama said life is like a box of chocolates..."

Does your invoice say 2700USD for a 280Ah MASON battery? If so, that's a really really good price....

Does your invoice say 2700USD for a 280Ah MASON battery? If so, that's a really really good price....
It does. That's why I mentioned it. Have you asked them quote it both ways? Or do you already have the kits?

i think you are reffering to quite a different battery.
this would be the pusong system

Would something like this work? You should be able to find a local distributor. I would think order some black feet if needed for negative and just mount it in a approved box. Prices are cheaper through a distributor.

Ed

It does. That's why I mentioned it. Have you asked them quote it both ways? Or do you already have the kits?

If you got it at that price, it's pretty great. I got a price list and unless it's already outdated, you can only get that price if you are buying more then 15 units.
They are charging 192USD for a single 280Ah cell and 164 if you are buying more than 100, which is partly the reason for my surprised reaction to your price. But good for you, I hope it works out great :)

If you got it at that price, it's pretty great. I got a price list and unless it's already outdated, you can only get that price if you are buying more then 15 units.
They are charging 192USD for a single 280Ah cell and 164 if you are buying more than 100, which is partly the reason for my surprised reaction to your price. But good for you, I hope it works out great :)
Well, that's good to know.

To be clear I haven't bought them yet, but they do send me a follow up email every few days with the same PI and the below message.

Edit: That $2700 does not include $695 shiping but does include customs fees "DDP shipping cost plus Bank fee"

1660408077395.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, it was actually my backup go to, it's just ridicously expensive(lynx distrubution costs +350 dollars here and I need 2 because it only has 4 connections each)
I thought so at first… but by the time I added fuse holders, terminals, and then the potential reliability of all those crimps , the victron Lynx wasn’t too badly priced. Plus, it’s nicely enclosed and protects the live terminals.

Also consider the Lynx Power In and do the hack to install the fuses, it is cheaper:

this is in amazon UK:

Yeah I was also watching that one, maybe that was part of what jumbled things for me :p
Idk about the fuses though, I'd rather want breakers on "both sides" I think.

Edit: also since brexit I don't think it makes sense for a european to shop in the UK. It's a few bucks cheaper over there, but I'll have to pay for shipping and handling, customs etc. Probably not worth it compared to just buying it locally :)

What is pusong? No mention of pusong on my PI.

View attachment 106694
Also just a note on this going back over these posts:

If you put these in parallel using their parallel cables, make sure that you don't pull 1C from the batteries, because that would melt the 50mm2 cable that comes with. I would say max 200A from the whole pack(they are rated at 250A, but recommended max is 200A), if you need to go higher then you need to do that same as I am doing.

Last edited:
Also just a note on this going back over these posts:

If you put these in parallel using their parallel cables, make sure that you don't pull 1C from the batteries, becaues that would melt the 50mm2 cable that comes with. I would say max 200A from the whole pack(they are rated at 250A, but recommended max is 200A), if you need to go higher then you need to do that same as I am doing.
or, if you have multiple packs, use busbars, never realy liked the daisy chaining

Back