diy solar

diy solar

Help me choose solar panels for most power on RV with growatt 24v 3000w please

oregonsun

I have an 18' stepvan with about 21' by 7.5' of roof area that I want covered as much as possible with solar panels not just for power but to cover for shade and quite down rain on a noisy roof.
These need to be the right fit for a growatt 24v 3000w 120v setup with two 12v amperetime 200ah lipos.
I was looking at santan solar used panels, they have some 435w I could mostly cover the roof with butt not quite 100%, are they any good or what would people reccomend? Used would be fine with me if they're still good.

Im not much help but offer support. Im trying to do the same. Build a 24v system with the largest 440w panels I can fit.

im unclear if we can use any 440w or need to find 24v panels.
Im hoping this bump will help us both!

Im not much help but offer support. Im trying to do the same. Build a 24v system with the largest 440w panels I can fit.

im unclear if we can use any 440w or need to find 24v panels.
Im hoping this bump will help us both!
If you start a new thread, provide your panel specs, SCC info (max input voltage most important), it’s REALLY easy to give you an answer.

Also I'm not sure those panels match what voltages the growatt needs.
I have that inverter you are talking about. I am using 4 HQST panels at 20v in series so I am getting 80. The manual says the max pv array open circuit voltage is 145.

Back