diy solar

diy solar

Help ,what would you do?

franco78

Hello everyone I'm new to all of this i hope you can help me somehow.I am using a Ford Transit to sell juice and fruits, so I recently bought a package from Signature Solar.

1 EG46000XP

3EG4 Life Power 48v 100AH

1 600A 12 Stud Busbar kit

1 set Battery to Inverter cables 1AWG.

I intend to charge the batteries every night from my garage to the truck that has already a 30-amp receptacle. The previous owner used a gas generator.
Before that, I also need some type of wire from my main panel to the garage and from the garage to the inverter to charge the batteries and from the batteries back to inverter to supply my equipment,well thats the idea .What do i know.Iwill be consuming around 7k to 9k kwts from 4to 6 hours daily.
what will be the right amps to use ,and cable size?.What will be the set up you would use?.Any advice will be more than welcome.Thanks in advance.

PICTURES SHOW WHAT THE TRUCK HAS RIGHT NOW.

Attachments

• juicy 30amps.jpg
    juicy 30amps.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 12
  • juicy 30amps2.jpg
    juicy 30amps2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 13
  • juicy30amps3.jpg
    juicy30amps3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13
  • juicy30amps4.jpg
    juicy30amps4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 13
  • juicy main panel5.jpg
    juicy main panel5.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 12
My SWAG

Take load side from 6000 to the main breaker on the panel.

Make a 240/30 cord from the grid side of the 6000 that you can plug in at home to a 30 AMP.

In theory, plug in at home, it charges batteries, then you run off inverter and batteries during the day.

My SWAG

Make a 240/30 cord from the grid side of the 6000 that you can plug in at home to a 30 AMP.

In theory, plug in at home, it charges batteries, then you run off inverter and batteries during the day.
Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate.

My SWAG

8 Awg cable for 30 amps. That gets you 7kw, but only 5.7kw on a continuous basis (80%).

If you upgrade to a 50 amp circuit, you could have 9kw continous. I belive that would be 6 awg.

Back