diy solar

diy solar

Help with panel install in north Atlanta

jackinthebox

I purchased a Sol-Ark 15k and am getting batteries (between Homegrid Stack'd and EG4 PowerPro units), mostly for a ESS/Backup use-case. We get lots of power outages here (had 5 multi-day outages last year) and I would like to have primarily the bank of batteries carry us through for our essential loads, but I would like a small array (7-9kW) for the roof to backup the batteries for outage and also use year-round as a small offset. Thing is, I'm good with the electrical side of things no problem, my grandfather was a master electrician and taught me everything, but I have zero confidence in getting on my back roof and hanging 50lb panels by myself. A lot of the local installers won't do a job that small or have higher rates to make it worth their time, which I get, but I'm looking for just someone with certified experience who can get the panels up on the roof and run the PV wiring/monitors to tie it into the Sol-Ark 15k for me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I purchased a Sol-Ark 15k and am getting batteries (between Homegrid Stack'd and EG4 PowerPro units), mostly for a ESS/Backup use-case. We get lots of power outages here (had 5 multi-day outages last year) and I would like to have primarily the bank of batteries carry us through for our essential loads, but I would like a small array (7-9kW) for the roof to backup the batteries for outage and also use year-round as a small offset. Thing is, I'm good with the electrical side of things no problem, my grandfather was a master electrician and taught me everything, but I have zero confidence in getting on my back roof and hanging 50lb panels by myself. A lot of the local installers won't do a job that small or have higher rates to make it worth their time, which I get, but I'm looking for just someone with certified experience who can get the panels up on the roof and run the PV wiring/monitors to tie it into the Sol-Ark 15k for me. Thanks in advance!
Finding a certified person that is not already doing complete solar projects full time is likely going to be a challenge you can't overcome.

You may have "self-certify" using YouTube and other resources.

IronRidge's YouTube channel is a good starting place.

Back