diy solar

diy solar

How can I do this?

carlosnindy

I have an 11.4kw SolarEdge grid tied system that will eventually have an LG Chem 16kWh Resu Prime battery attached to it. It was professionally installed and once the battery comes in they will install it and that system will cover most of my home. I have interconnection agreement with Duke Energy Indiana. In my main panel I have a 50amp breaker that feeds a subpanel in an out building very close to my home. This building is wired for electricity and has a 12k btu MrCool AC/Heatpump hooked up to it. I want to know if it is possible to install a Hybrid system of about 2k watts or under through my subpanel to power the building with Solar and a battery back up and allow the house to pull from the battery through the subpanel if needed. I would want the building to have to ability to draw from the grid if the solar/battery are not enough. Is there an All-In-One inverter that would accommodate something like this without interfering with my current Duke agreement.

I want to know if it is possible to install a Hybrid system of about 2k watts or under through my subpanel to power the building with Solar and a battery back up and allow the house to pull from the battery through the subpanel if needed. I would want the building to have to ability to draw from the grid if the solar/battery are not enough. Is there an All-In-One inverter that would accommodate something like this without interfering with my current Duke agreement
Yes, you 50 Amp panel should be able to handle that. The house would be able to use any excess solar power of that inverter if it can export power. I think you would have to pull more wires to have that inverter provide AC via the battery. That is unless the inverter can be programmed to sell from battery.
Most likely your Duke agreement has language that speaks to parallel operation of a system or inverter and that agreement probably tries to limit or prohibit that operation. I am.not familiar with Duke agreements but my PG&E agreement does have such language. It is a grey area and you have to be careful to not export more than your agreement contemplates.

Back