diy solar

diy solar

How do I unpair a smart bms?

David Hamand

I have a 24v, 280Ah battery with a JBD 150a bms, complete with bluetooth dongle. Everything was fine until my phone died. The bluetooth is paired with the phone. I have tried connecting with a different phone, but obviously it will not pair. Any suggestions?

It shouldn't matter. You should be able to connect to it via the app without pairing it in the phone settings. Mine is working with 3 phones and a tablet. I can't only connect with one at a time, but all of them will connect fine.

It shouldn't matter. You should be able to connect to it via the app without pairing it in the phone settings. Mine is working with 3 phones and a tablet. I can't only connect with one at a time, but all of them will connect fine.
Are you using the Xiaoxiang app?

I have experienced a similar issue along these lines. Xiaoxiang App worked flawlessly on my Galaxy S7 for 6 months. Launched, connected and reported live info within about 10 seconds from tapping the icon. Recently got a new Galaxy S20. The app installed without issue, but now takes several tries to get it to connect, and once on the "home screen" its all zeros for up to 30 seconds until all the numbers are populated. Switching to battery view or parameter view? well I have yet been able to see parameter view as it just sits at 0% of 0/59. Battery view takes about 25-30 seconds, then back to homescreen, another 30 seconds or so.
So.. I go back to my S7 and discover that suddenly, it too, is laggy! Takes up to and over a minute to get it to populate and report numbers! Switching from battery to parameter views takes over a minute! SO... what gives here? Tried the rebooting feature, even unplugged the dongle a few times, but now I have very very poor response time on both my phones!!
I'm having flashbacks to the 80's when I tried to download a whopping 500kb file on my 486 computer with a us-robotics 14.4 modem. I click download, go make a sandwich, eat half of it, then check in on the status, and hopefully im at 70-80% complete!!
Very frustrating!!!

I have experienced a similar issue along these lines. Xiaoxiang App worked flawlessly on my Galaxy S7 for 6 months. Launched, connected and reported live info within about 10 seconds from tapping the icon. Recently got a new Galaxy S20. The app installed without issue, but now takes several tries to get it to connect, and once on the "home screen" its all zeros for up to 30 seconds until all the numbers are populated. Switching to battery view or parameter view? well I have yet been able to see parameter view as it just sits at 0% of 0/59. Battery view takes about 25-30 seconds, then back to homescreen, another 30 seconds or so.
So.. I go back to my S7 and discover that suddenly, it too, is laggy! Takes up to and over a minute to get it to populate and report numbers! Switching from battery to parameter views takes over a minute! SO... what gives here? Tried the rebooting feature, even unplugged the dongle a few times, but now I have very very poor response time on both my phones!!
I'm having flashbacks to the 80's when I tried to download a whopping 500kb file on my 486 computer with a us-robotics 14.4 modem. I click download, go make a sandwich, eat half of it, then check in on the status, and hopefully im at 70-80% complete!!
Very frustrating!!!
I wrote to Emily at JBD, and it seems the easiest thing to do is get a new dongle. So I ordered 5. I plan on building more batteries anyway, and the app was incredible while it worked. I'm also going to try getting my old phone fixed. Meanwhile, I'm guessing the SOC, but it's not a disaster.

I have a 24v, 280Ah battery with a JBD 150a bms, complete with bluetooth dongle. Everything was fine until my phone died. The bluetooth is paired with the phone. I have tried connecting with a different phone, but obviously it will not pair. Any suggestions?
There are blue color and also green color compatible Bluetooth modules. The green color modules are newer I think and have JBD printed on the board.

I posted some info here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/j...tooth-mod-and-observations.23124/#post-272932

I wrote to Emily at JBD, and it seems the easiest thing to do is get a new dongle. So I ordered 5. I plan on building more batteries anyway, and the app was incredible while it worked. I'm also going to try getting my old phone fixed. Meanwhile, I'm guessing the SOC, but it's not a disaster.
Yea, I suppose a new dongle or 2 might not be a bad idea to keep on hand. Wonder if Steve at OKS has them in stock? He's still backordered on the BMS's (at least my 8S100A). Is there a newer version of the dongle btw? Mine came straight from OKS with my BMS about 7 months ago. Mine is the blue version btw.. and I see now, there is a green flavor that is newer..

Last edited:
Are you using the Xiaoxiang app?
Yes, I am using the Xioxiang app, downloaded from Overkill Solar, not from the play store. I did try the one from the play store and it worked too, but the screen layout is a little different.

Yes, I am using the Xioxiang app, downloaded from Overkill Solar, not from the play store. I did try the one from the play store and it worked too, but the screen layout is a little different.
I managed to pair it purely by accident.
After 24 hours of being unable to pair with my new phone, I was in the solar shed listening to 5 live on a bluetooth speaker, I tried again to connect to the bms, it paired immediately! If I go out of range, it will not reconnect unless I am using another bluetooth device.
Strange.

I managed to pair it purely by accident.
After 24 hours of being unable to pair with my new phone, I was in the solar shed listening to 5 live on a bluetooth speaker, I tried again to connect to the bms, it paired immediately! If I go out of range, it will not reconnect unless I am using another bluetooth device.
Strange.
That sounds like a bug in the system software on your phone. It would be interesting to install the app on a friends phone (different model) and see how it behaves.

Back