diy solar

diy solar

How many layers normally with this style of busbar?

BlitzSSS

Hi

Has anyone else received or seen busbars of the attached photo type and if so, how many layers are there usually?

These came with Lishen cells.

These feel suspiciously too thin, like they usually come with more layers but someone has seperate them, used new heatshink and doubled or tripled their quantity.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210415_195852.jpg
    20210415_195852.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 17
Are they even copper? Depending which cells and BMS you have, they might be fine.
Plenty of companies sell multi strip bus bars.

I can't tell the thickness, but you really only need bus bars to carry your max BMS discharge.
The bus bars that came with my CATL cells were 1/16" x 3/4" good for 225 amps.
My BMS is 130 amps max, so there's plenty of overhead.

Don't know if they are copper, they have some scratches and it doesn't look like copper.

Those two layers are about 1.5mm thick in total, I have some of those multilayered CALB copper busbars and it's about the same as 3 of those layers.

Yeah I won't be running heavy loads either but they still look suspiciously thin to me.

Thanks

Don't know if they are copper, they have some scratches and it doesn't look like copper.
I would not use anything that is not copper for the bus bars.
when it comes to how much load can they carry, copper is copper; you just compute the square mm of copper (length * width) and it would be the same as if it was a wire.

1618576863450.png

Those two layers are about 1.5mm thick in total, I have some of those multilayered CALB copper busbars and it's about the same as 3 of those layers.

Yeah I won't be running heavy loads either but they still look suspiciously thin to me.

Thanks
They are almost always plated copper, but if you have doubts, buy some copper stock and make your own.

I used 3/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick for about 200 amps capacity (that width will completely cover EVE terminals).

Back