diy solar

diy solar

How to use my batteries only at night?

Aussie in AZ

G'day all,
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
I have a grid tied Enphase solar system and would like to be a little more independent from the grid at night.
Here is what I have.
I have a Bluetti AC300 and 3 x B300 that I would like to tie into my sub panel inside my house. Air con, oven and dryer have their own circuits running from my main breaker panel so the inside sub panel is running all my outlets and lighting.

Here is what I want.
I would like to tie the AC300 into my sub panel so that during the day it charges and the entire house runs off the sun but at night when I stop producing solar, I would like to "automatically and uninterrupted" switch over to the AC300. Then again in the morning, "automatically and uninterrupted" switch back to grid tied solar.
What parts would I need and how would I wire this up? I have some ideas but putting it all together is hurting my brain

Cheers
J

You just need a timer on the AC input to your AC300. It will do the switch automatically depending on if AC is applied or not, by the timer.

I don’t think the ac300 has ups functionality… if I wanted to do what you are asking, I’d get a system that does.

Otherwise, you will need an interface that captures data from your solar and can be setup to interact from it.

I don’t think the ac300 has ups functionality… if I wanted to do what you are asking, I’d get a system that does.

Otherwise, you will need an interface that captures data from your solar and can be setup to interact from it.
Junk then. Get an EcoFlow, they have the switch.

Bluetti have a switch. Not sure how fast the power selection is in milliseconds. So do a lot of other companies. I'm wondering, can you use an ATS backwards so that the grid power is on the side that is the backup and the Bluetti on the side that is the regular source of power? That way, I could set up the AC300 on a timer to switch on at a time of night thus disconnecting the grid because the ATS is being tricked?

Cheers

The A in ATS stands for automatic.
So a static ATS is a contradiction, no?
I could have the wrong terminology mate. I don't know. The internet is full of information, some good and some not so good. That's why I am on this forum. To hopefully get the good

Aussie

I think
Bluetti have a switch. Not sure how fast the power selection is in milliseconds. So do a lot of other companies. I'm wondering, can you use an ATS backwards so that the grid power is on the side that is the backup and the Bluetti on the side that is the regular source of power? That way, I could set up the AC300 on a timer to switch on at a time of night thus disconnecting the grid because the ATS is being tricked?

Cheers
No trickery required.
Just set up the discrete ATS so that when the relay is not energized shore power is selected.
When the AC300 starts providing energy the relay switches the input path to the AC300.

Cheers
That is what I would do.
I cannot see any reason why it would not work except that the timer is going to drawing a small amount of power from the Bluetti 24/7.

Back