diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid inverter downside?

Diemjoe

I have an MPP Solar lv2424 hybrid inverter. 4x rich 100ah 12v Lithium batteries wired in a 23v configuration for 200ah. Sunny days here.
My AC power consumption is for charging tool batteties and computer. I have a separate DC distribution box connected to the batteries for lights and phone charging. I have a little Cosco refrigerator on DC.
While I build my cabin, I am staying in a trailer that I have a power cord run to so that I can charge 2x 12v deep cycle sealed lead acid batteries that run lights (rarely more than a few minutes per day cause its light when i crawl into bed here) and a very rare water pump.
I decided to run the bigger AC trailer fridge the other day. I woke up in the middle of the night to no power anywhere in camp. Batteries were below the 21v threshold I have the inverter to.
So here is the question. Any ideas on trouble shooting? A friend is rolling up today with a few pro level meters to check what is drawing the power. ( I am betting the cosco fridge). Anything else to check.
The 21v shut down on Lithium seems a little heavy handed since I thought they could fully discharge. Not a good idea but when the short winter days hit I can see it being problematic.

Thanks

Don Miller

I decided to run the bigger AC trailer fridge the other day. I woke up in the middle of the night to no power anywhere in camp. Batteries were below the 21v threshold I have the inverter to.

Basic math, your loads exceed your generation and / or storage capabilities.

What to do is either increase the generation, storage or both.

Definitely need more battery capacity.
Which may also require more production capabilities.

Yes. We did find some loose connections. Tightened those and let tgecsun do its thing. Turned off the trailer fridge and still had to run the generator for a while after sunset. Dropped the cutoff to 20v. Power out again this morning.
Of course it's cloudy today so will probably have to run the generator.

A cable clamp Ampmeter showed amperage across battery terminals wasn't the same so have to call Rich solar tomorrow too

I do have 6 more 200w panels but waiting for the cabin to be to ready to receive them. I have to run the generator for the power tools.

Thanks for the input.

Back