diy solar

diy solar

I dont trust this RELIABLE inverter

I did the rewire because the wires look to be like 16ga, I could have switch the quick connectors on the main board and be done with it or you can just re-label the L and N on the outlet terminals.
Are the recepticals wrong also? I need to test mine. How exactly did you test it if both are wrong? They have that floating 60v on the ground I assume?

Mine seem to indicate the wires to receptacles are correct. And the black is hot on the block and yellow is grnd and red is apparently neutral

Did you test it as shown in post #3 using AC Voltmeter?
The two outlets are soldered to the same PCB.
My user manual shows Red as Hot, Black as Neutral on the terminal block.
1657516730671.png

Last edited:
Did you test it as shown in post #3 using AC Voltmeter?
My user manual shows Red as Hot, Black as Neutral on the terminal block.
View attachment 102156
Between grnd and hot tested like 116vac at receptacles. Red is neutral on mine black hot.

Attachments

• 20220710_222043.jpg
    20220710_222043.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 1
That tester is not valid since the output is floated and Neutral is not tied to Ground, that tester should have shown open Gnd.
Check the AC Voltage between the Hot of the outlet and Hot of the AC terminal, you will see 120V as shown in the link I gave you.

Yeah I tested it with meter. Mines the older version ? They aren't marked just goofy colors
See the picture in my post #43.
My units are from 2020, and the picture I post is from Reliable seller on EBAY today, nothing has changed.
They should have used correct color wires.

That tester is not valid since the output is floated and Neutral is not tied to Ground, that tester should have shown open Gnd.
Check the AC Voltage between the Hot of the outlet and Hot of the AC terminal, you will see 120V as shown in the link I gave you.
Yes. I said that I did. I originally thought you meant the recepticals were wrong also.

See user manual.
The unit is also not for Bonding Neutral (Black) to Ground (Yellow) or you will damage the unit per user manaul.
1657517997302.png

Attachments

• ReliablePower User manual.pdf
    331.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I do not know since I do not have it connected to my electrical panel, I am using it with its floating output just like my Bluetti EB70 (there is no safety Ground) just like other portable power stations that have floated output.
I use mine to run my big fridge during rolling Black out.

Back