diy solar

diy solar

Incompetence from Signature Solar & Solar Sovereign

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I know this crowd. If I name the great vendor, they will be attacked. They aren't mentioned on this forum. I searched. Apparently they are busy fulfilling orders and answering questions.
Not quite, I bought my minisplit from them based on the testimony that I read here:

And you are correct, fandamtastic service. They would call/email me pretty much daily to give me status updates (without prompting). Lighting fast shipping. Arrived in perfect shape due to the excellent palleting job.

Edit: And was also the cheapest option!

Last edited:
Um Wal-Mart isn’t even close to the largest company in the world …..The largest company in the world actually has great customer service. FYI
By stock market valuation, that would be Apple, then nVidia and I wouldn't know who's third... Microsoft?

Don't know if I am allowed to post this, if not, just remove it. but Josh at stackrackbattery.com in corona, CA is an honest dealer with competitive prices and UL certified and CEC products and he stands behind what they sell. Luckily, I was able to pick up locally. But he does have solutions and no BS.

By stock market valuation, that would be Apple, then nVidia and I wouldn't know who's third... Microsoft?
Yes, but they are jostling. Broadcom right up there now too.

Over the years I have bought and sold all of these companies. My mistake.

In the 1970's, the USA was supposed to run out of oil and be subject to punishing Arab oil embargos. But, instead of that future, oil was discovered everywhere off shore, new technology was developed to find oil fields under ground, technology to produce oil from Canadian shale was developed and fracking for gas also happened. the result is along with more mileage vehicles, we are awash in petroleum products.

I write this because every time someone warns that its time to sell these companies, they just keep coming up with new inventions that people want to own. They will do it with AI and they will do it with quantum computing and with off Earth technology too. Doesn't mean the stock will always go up, but the companies will outlast our lifetimes.

So which Signature Solar is selling stuff? There are three distinct separate businesses listed and spread around Sulphur Springs Texas. One appears to be a manufacturing facility at 500 Jackson St. Another looks like a warehouse across town at 1130 Como St. The third a few blocks away I would guess is office space at 421 E Industrial.

That sure is a lot of overhead to sell solar equipment. Unless there is a parent company SS is doing business under. Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
Jess, thanks for the reply. I wanted to make sure you read this link I left in the original post because you might want to edit that post above...

https://www.findlaw.com/smallbusiness/business-operations/laws-governing-shipping-advertising.html

By posting on a public forum that your policy is to charge the card when the order is placed even when you know the order will take longer than 30 days to ship is opening Signature Solar up to some serious liability. You're basically admitting that your company policy is in violation of federal law and you don't care... Here's what the law says...

If your business plans include shipping online or telephone orders, you must follow the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Also known as the "30-Day Rule," this regulation describes how businesses must fulfill orders. The rule ensures that customers receive orders in a reasonable time while giving businesses and shippers the flexibility they need.

This article discusses the 30-Day Rule, federal and state laws about shipping, and where you can look for additional information.

The 30-Day Rule Defined​

The 30-Day Rule says that when a business advertises merchandise for shipment, it must have a "reasonable basis" for saying or believing it can ship within a certain time. For instance, if your ad says "10-day shipping guaranteed," you must reasonably believe you can ship the product within 10 days. If your advertisement does not have a shipping time, the product must ship within 30 days.
I told them this almost a Year Ago and nothing has changed.
They don't seem to care about the legality of it.

It seems like a lot of people here take the approach of fool me 100 times, shame on me! 🙄
I bought my complete solar system from shopsolarkits with no complaints.
Low prices are great, until they’re not!

I would bet they have lawyers that have vetted all their policies and find them acceptable even if we as a collective group find them lacking.

That said, the simple way to deal is vote with your wallet. In my case I just ordered a Victron smartsolar 250/100 from current connected. I've ordered from them before and I like the way they operate. I looked at the prices on SS, but they weren't in the running from the policy.

Edit - My order from current connected was also charged right away - shrug - I have an established relationship with current connected, none with SS, but maybe I'll order something simple and see how it goes

And I'll be watching to see if SS has seen the photons before I place a $25k order for my house install.

And were I the OP I would change the title to be less inflammatory even if he leaves it negative

Last edited:
The truth is an absolute defense against a defamation claim.

But it still costs you money, even if you win.

And saying, "She LIED ..." just cost someone $100,000,000.
(even though the jury didn't find that someone had done what she said.)

Best to avoid words that could be treated as slander/defamation.

I’d be pretty surprised if the lawyers have reviewed all the policies. That would cost quite a bit.

Generally clients call when there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

When I was working, there were a number of times we could have successfully sued a customer ..... but, it wasn't going to happen .... When i comes to the point you have to sue your customers, especially something like slander or libel, it's over for you ..... Other customers say bye bye.

I would bet they have lawyers that have vetted all their policies and find them acceptable even if we as a collective group find them lacking.
I would take a bit of that bet. It is a money flow thing. IF and that is a big IF, someone would need to complain to the Texas AG, an investigation and then IF the AG said stop, they would stop, perhaps a small fine in the overall scheme of things.

Yes but truth can be expensive to prove.
Lawyering up could cost more than a nice solar system.

But it still costs you money, even if you win.

And saying, "She LIED ..." just cost someone $100,000,000.
(even though the jury didn't find that someone had done what she said.)

Best to avoid words that could be treated as slander/defamation.

It's possible to successfully defend a case proceeding pro se, if the truth is on the defendants side.

Maybe instead of "lies" he could say "fairytales and rainbows".

The reputational damage for sovereign or solar sig to move forward with a defamation proceeding would be significant. What are the damages? We've had several posts on this thread basically saying hey they are cheaper what do you expect in terms of accuracy?

Are there not documented threads on this very forum where Signature Solar has taken money for products, and later, if you're lucky, informing you they were backordered? Didn't something like that occur with the original Chargeverter?

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-chargeverter.55330/post-716501

I think it might be hard for Signature Solar to claim defamation or damages when they possibly have a history of the exact behavior they are claiming is a lie in the lawsuit.

You're totally missing the point.
You're totally missing the point.
If you are laying out thousands of dollars without vetting the company you are giving the money, that's on you.
If someone buys from Signature Solar, I seriously doubt it is because they read the reviews, and decided that this is the company with the least complaints.
I doubt they read the negative posts on this website, and decided that they just had to buy something from them.
They don't buy from them because of their 5 star customer service.
They buy from Signature Solar because their prices are some of the lowest available, and they provide a decent product. Period.
Most people are willing to put up with some level of annoyance, provided they get a good price for decent stuff.
Don't like them? Don't buy from them. Problem solved.

Happy ending to my story, tracking number was good but the wrong carrier specified. Scheduled the pallet for delivery tomorrow.
Good to hear. Solar sovereign has 3 pallets left on their site of the 370w aptos panels. Perhaps they earmark a certain quantity presold to solar sovereign. I'm hoping that's the case since I ordered mine a week ago. Solar sovereign has continued to take orders, but signature solar has been out of stock for a week. I always expect anything shipped freight takes a bit longer to ship, update tracking etc. Amazon has ruined us all for order updates and shipping times.

The only problem with taking money up front, is not telling you they are taking the money up front. People pay for things up front all the time, I've done it myself for pre-release tech products, I think Apple and Samsung have both had pre-purchase promotions. I have not read their disclaimers, but you really shouldn't charge a card until the item ships, unless otherwise stated. Card companies have merchant rules for some of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy solar

diy solar
Back