diy solar

diy solar

Inefficient RV Fridge?

Some people don;t know that if there#s no linking word then it's automatically "multipied by". Whereas per is "divided by".

I think you're confusing things a bit by saying watts are consumed. It's joules that are "consumed". 1 kWh = 1000 * 3600 = 3,600,000 J (joules).

Should say "322W average" or "322Wh per hour".
Nothing is consumed...
Joules, watts, Wh, amps, etc. Hey are all names for measurements of conversion.
Watt is a calculation of joules per second converted to some form of work.

Nothing is consumed...
Joules, watts, Wh, amps, etc. Hey are all names for measurements of conversion.
Watt is a calculation of joules per second converted to some form of work.
True. I didn't start using the word consumed though to be fair. And I only used it in "quotes".

watts are an energy consumption, or work figure. Wh is an energy usage, or storage calculation.

Consumption I have seen used as the label for the Wh or the kWh that are converted from electrical energy to heat energy etc; by your gadgets.
It rings true to me as a fair description.

Watts are power (rate of conversion of energy)
Horsepower is power

Joules are energy
Watthours are energy

Some countries can get this inverter fridge - it is so efficient and very popular in Australia. Mine averages about 45 watts. 130watts during a short defrost. When you start it from room it uses about 80watts but this soon halves to 40watts and less as the temp drops. It doesnt go on and off much it just uses less power. This fridge is 230volt. Easy run it from a 300watt inverter. I have one in my office at home.

Adsorption fridges use ammonia, water and hydrogen gas.....not referigerant........entire guts including all coils must be replaced to convert to referigerant............big assed magilla

Last edited:
If anyone is really intrested in adsorbtion refrigeration I have the Dometic Factory training manual for the Dometic RV referigerator. Includes theory of operation, diagnostics, etc. It has been very valuable. I have buried in Adobe Acrobat in PDF format

It might still be available at Dometic website, its buried in manuals for obsolete products

You will have to dig deep there, its not public knowledge, dealers insist it does not exist.

I can export it as a PDF.

<EDIT> This is not the user manual......Its the Dealer Training Manual

Last edited:
Back