diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

Kenny_

Solar Addict
Update: This thread will be a common place for asking, answering, and sharing information on the Sungold 10KW 48V Split phase Inverter (which is a rebranded SNRE ASF48100U200-H inverter to the best of my knowledge). Feel free to Ask Answer Post Information in that regard.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions and hopefully answers once it arrives which should be in the next couple of weeks.

I ordered two 48/100a batteries with it but am thinking already of adding a couple more as that would get me through more cloudy dreary days.

I'll be connecting it to 6 Renogy 550w panels in the back yard and probably initially connecting it temporarily in place of my Ecoflow Delta Pro which feeds into a 6-circuit manual transfer switch. Once I see that all works well (shouldn't take much) I'll look at mounting it more permanently near my breaker panel and transfer switch (located in my garage ). If all this works out as I'm hoping I'll likely look at get official permitting and inspections etc. but in the mean time I'm going Rogue/Underground.

Woo-Hoo! The Journey Begins.

Last edited:
Just got notice she's on the way! WooHoo! Not sure of delivery date yet.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and do that batter thing....like that 10 year warranty....hope they honor it....I've read some not very encouraging stories about warranty/customer support for Sungold as well as SS/EG4.

and yes....I decided to go full-bore on batteries...for a total of 5 and the flimsy looking rack they sell.

I figure even if the Inverter turns out to be a bust...the batteries will be usable with whatever inverter I replace it with....

Now to think more about PV Panels. LOL!

**My Solar Exploits so far**

I got an email late yesterday saying my new Solar Power 'system' would be delivered on Monday. This apparently got my mind furiously working and through the night....up way too early again after a week or so of getting back to more reasonable hours. :(

Here's what is arriving first:
a Sungold 10Kw all in one off-grid inverter - https://sungoldpower.com/products/10kw-48v-split-phase-solar-inverter
and two 48v 100A batteries - https://sungoldpower.com/products/48v-100ah-server-rack-lifepo4-lithium-battery-sg48100p

in a separate order yet to be shipped I added 3 additional batteries and a flimsy-looking rack to mount all five batteries. And this is part of what has got my mind racing. Where, how, what, why do I install all this is a workable manner which will potentially in the future be able to meet code, licensing, etc. requirements. I woke up tossing and turning with all these possibilities/issues in my mind. Do I install it all in the garage next to existing breaker box? But the size of the battery stack/system is gonna be quite large and take up a lot of space and be out of the elements, but in the cold. Do I install it all in the basement utility room (where my current Ecoflow Delta Pro is operating via four-wire 30 amp cable running to my transfer switch in the garage near the existing breaker box) ?

If I install in the utility room I'll have to run conduit to carry the more heavy duty wiring in and out to the main breaker panel.
Do I install it in what is now my basement office (directly below the breaker box/garage) and move/rearrange my office?

Either of these options would get the batteries inside (out of the cold) which is a good thing but would require running conduit etc.

And what about meeting electrical code with all of this (eventually)?

Well, you know what Ray Bradbury says about endeavors such as this don't you?

“If we listened to our intellect we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go in business because we'd be cynical: "It's gonna go wrong." Or "She's going to hurt me." Or,"I've had a couple of bad love affairs, so therefore . . ." Well, that's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down.”

Let's Go!

It sounds like fun! Just a note unless all of the equipment is UL listed it won't meet code.
Yes, I understand that, my code issues are more to do with wiring and connections and particularly the battery bank and how it is connected into the inverter. I have no idea what is allowed for code-wise when it comes to rack-mount batteries and connecting them into the system.

I guess the second thing that probably an issue is cut-off switches and what is required to meet code in my location (Aurora, Colorado).
I'm not sure the Sungold 10k 48v inverter even has this capability. So perhaps it doesn't even meet code even though it is UL Listed. I just don't know about the electrical codes (even though I'm an EE :) )

P.S. I'm thinkin' I may need to hire an electrician just to give me some advice before I begin serious installation.
but in the mean time I'll connect things up in place of my Ecoflow Delta Pro just to get the basic setup and operation working (and my understanding of setting and operation more firmed up.)

Last edited:
I'm trying to determine trade-offs wrt where to install this system. My initial thought was in the garage right next to my main breaker box, but that is in an unheated garage and I'm concerned about the LiFePo batteries and temperature....so I'm thinking why not install in the utility room (where my current Ecoflow Delta Pro is located. That would be convenient and temp would be great, but I'd have to run power AC input and AC output for the house between the main breaker and the PV system requiring tearing out drywall ceiling above my computer/office to get wiring in place. That might be the best solution, but a bunch of work. Alternatively I could mount/install it in the corner of my office which is almost directly below the main breaker box making the wiring/conduit/etc easier....or in a small alcove on the opposite side of my office which would be on the utility room wall so about the same as installing in utility room.

In kindofa quandary ... will keep thinking on it. For the moment the plan is to temporarily set it up in the utility room where the Delta Pro is currently located and has an extension cord that runs outside and around inside the garage to the transfer switch. Following that test/setup I'll make a choice and do a more permanent install in one of those 4 places.

...kinda thinking of putting it in the garage along with some method of keeping the batteries warm in winter...some thermal heater or something, blanketing the batteries? Anyone do anything like that? (I have a birdbath heater I use in winter for the birds/critters. Maybe one of those would keep the batteries warm if there were a cover of some kind to hold the heat in. ??

It's an adventure! Building the wings on the way down. :)

I don't think I would want to mount it in corner of office. Inverters can get loud
Yeah, that's my concern as well. The Ecoflow Delta Pro in the utility room adjacent to my office gets pretty loud. I'll put the Sungold in it's place to test it out. That should give me an idea how loud it can get. :)

I'm kinda leaning toward to installing it there (semi)permanently but really don't want to deal with running all the wiring. :( :( :(

The Inverter arrived quite late last night....we had snow over the weekend so that slowed things a bit perhaps...but one of the two batteries did not arrive...Fedex says it will arrive in a couple of days. Was only planning on setting up the trial setup with a single battery in any case....

Need to build the battery cables and wire in the connector for AC Output, power the baby up and see where we're at a bit later today.\

One thing right off.... the lugs I purchased to connect to the battery are too big for the slot they need to slip in to. :(

Okay couple of hours later....one battery connected and inverter appears to be working... output 120 and 240 as expected. Sun is not up yet so waiting to connect panels.

Call me nervous nelly but I'm a bit afraid to disconnect from my Delta Pro and connect to the Sungold 10K.....

(the way it is currently set up it is just a matter of unplugging and plugging the power cord from the transfer switch....)

If I don't make it back let them know I gave it my best shot! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back