diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

That is more than a single LV6548, combined mine draw under 150W.

So here's what the test setup/trial system looks like at the moment.
Next step is to connect to the grid for backup/charging if/as needed.

View attachment 175442
Nice. It seems like it shipped really quick.
It would be wise and I strongly advise you put some quality heat shrink on your lug connections. That positive in relation to the case is scaring me. I also don't think you want any wire exposed between the terminal and the insulation, but I'm not an expert crimper.

Nice. It seems like it shipped really quick.
It would be wise and I strongly advise you put some quality heat shrink on your lug connections. That positive in relation to the case is scaring me. I also don't think you want any wire exposed between the terminal and the insulation, but I'm not an expert crimper.
Yep... about to do that...didn't have the heat gun til about an hour ago. :)

Umm those wire crimps don't look like they were done with a hydraulic crimper from the pics.

I don't know if I would trust those for the battery cables if it was me.

I know people use the hammer crimpers but I prefer the hydraulic method personally.

Umm those wire crimps don't look like they were done with a hydraulic crimper from the pics.

I don't know if I would trust those for the battery cables if it was me.

I know people use the hammer crimpers but I prefer the hydraulic method personally.
No it was the hammer do-dad first time I've ever tried it...

I definitely want to clean things up particularly when I get ready to do the more permanent install.

No it was the hammer do-dad first time I've ever tried it...
I’ve had a hammer crimps work fine for years. Can pull 100a no problem with heat or connection. Definitely get some heat shrink on those.

I love all the info on the display.....but I want that via Wifi...

will solar assist do that?

I was a bit worried about how loud it might be but it's significantly less than my Delta Pro when it really cranks up....of course I've just got minor load on the 10k at the moment (but same as what the Delta Pro was doing) and I've been away most of the day running errands so may not have heard it when the panels were cranking out 1.5 Kw.... definitely need to get the other three panels hooked up.

Yep it will show all of the useful info from anywhere in the world since the pi solar assistant is running on handles the network connection and does it a heck of allot easier than the wifi stuff in the inverter does.
I'll check it out once I do some tidying up here and verifying that all is working as expected (still need to connect to the Grid for charging/backup/feed-through and make sure that is all working as expected).

Another question.... do I need to be concerned about the AC input phases vs AC output phases or are they totally isolated?
i.e. does L1 of the AC Grid Input have to be the 'same' as the L1 AC Inverter Output and L2-L2 or is that irrelevant?

I'm a wee bit nervous to connect up the grid AC 220 Input..

Another question.... do I need to be concerned about the AC input phases vs AC output phases are are they totally isolated?
i.e. does L1 of the AC Grid Input have to be the 'same' as the L1 AC Inverter Output and L2-L2 or is that irrelevant?

I'm a wee bit nervous to connect up the grid AC 220 Input..
I paid no attention to what came "in" as far as l1 and l2 on mine.

I got the 'test' cable for connecting that part (AC Input) delivered this afternoon so will give that a try possibly tomorrow.

oops forgot to post that...but .... I have connected (plugged in - to the clothes dryer plug) the 240 v grid power input to the inverter.....no sparks or magic smoke released yet...

Last edited:
Set up the three additional panels but inadvertently smoked my Ecoflow River 2 Pro as I'd connected the first of the three additional panels up to it to verify everything was working and forgot/didn't think to unplug it before I connected in the other two panels! Oops!!!

PXL_20231101_185110405.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back