diy solar

diy solar

Inverter Kwh meter

Right but is that the externally exposed sample rate after post-processing into W/VA/PF other clean numbers at the 25-50ms tick, or the internal sampling rate?

IE, why would the revenue grade smart meters / IotaWatt collect a lot of samples (dozens to hundreds, respectively) per cycle? I doubt they would do that if unnecessary.

https://community.iotawatt.com/t/understanding-sampling-rate/1619

// A sample (V & I pair) should take 26.04us.
// If we get 10 or more less than that, or less than 320,
// reject the cycle.
If I could only read that language, picked up on some of the formulas, but otherwise its pretty much like reading Klingon to me... Could someone simplify the math equations for me?

Unfortunately this code is pretty gnarly, I only skimmed it to show that it has a high sample rate. And I did not check whether using an average sample accumulated across a time interval by the data acquisition system is fine as a substitute. If you are using point in time samples at lower sample rate that’s probably wrong by comparison.

You could consider hopping on IotaWatt or emonpi forum to ask for it in the original math or textbook form.

Emporia is fantastic.
Those 12kw transformer based inverters consume a large amount of power just to run, you might be losing 150w per hour.
More batteries, everyone needs more batteries ?

Back