diy solar

diy solar

Inverters with 120ac output terminals not outlets

32 volt boater

Solar Enthusiast
I don't want outlets ! Even searching with google images almost all come with outlets. I use the boats 120 outlets.

1661619902766.png

Depends on watt rating for mobile inverters. The larger wattage you go the more likely you will find terminals to wire to (with perhaps a receptacle or two as well).

It can be a 20a as well.
Yeah, bit if the receptacle is limited to 15A then it shouldn't be a 20A receptacle- the assumption would he made you could plug an appliance in that pulls 16A and uses the 20A plug, and it would not support it and would trip.

Yeah, bit if the receptacle is limited to 15A then it shouldn't be a 20A receptacle- the assumption would he made you could plug an appliance in that pulls 16A and uses the 20A plug, and it would not support it and would trip.
True, but if say the inverter is 3000 watt inverter, no reason is should/ could not have a 20amp proper like.

I agree. It seems lots of these inverters only have 15A receptacles for some reason though.

Plenty of options from Magnum and Victron in the 2000w range…didn’t mention what power you were looking for, the lower power ones almost always come with outlets instead but Victron has some good lower power options with terminals but they are more expensive…you generally get what you pay for

According to UL standard,all ac outlets max current is 15A. The inverter factory can not produce high current outlets by themselves,only can buy the UL standard outlets.
If you only need ac terminal on the inverter,I think AIMS POWER is a good choice.please get more details from their website
www.aimscorp.net

3000isw.jpg

Back