diy solar

diy solar

Ionica Invertor earthing problem , Gas Boiler keeps tripping ?

ukrrus

Folks,
Apologies for late entry.

Just found and connected with this website and found by chance you have been discussing the same problem I am currently encountering with my System ...Iconica 5Kv , 4.5Kw Panel install ,tied into Grid with back up 8x 100Ah Batteries ( 48V).

I have had the Invertor for a few years and has been working and operating the house fine , which was all Electric units.

I have now had a Gas Fired Boiler and HW Tank installed, and now find that all other systems in the house work fine ..and.. including the Gas Boiler when on USB ( Utility /Solar /Battery ..as you would expect ..)... but ... the Gas Boiler continually trips out, when I place the Invertor settings to SBU ? ( Solar/Battery/Utility)

I note from comments last year that you guys have encountered a similar problems, and in my chats with Photonic Universe, they have been giving helpful insight, to what appears to be ab inherent problem caused apparently by an Earth/Negative conflict , something that you members have also encountered. Apparently it is a conflict due to the Batteries supply

I would like to ask you , to clarify , there is mention of this " Earth/Negative Screw" internally ?

Since I have had this Invertor from new, I have never removed this screw, so I would like to ask you all ...

A: To remedy this " earth tripping" Boiler problem , should I leave the screw in ...or remove ?

B; Should we look to install an additional Earth Grounding on the problem Boiler Item ?

Appreciate

Back