diy solar

diy solar

Generate hydrogen (electrolysis) and use hydrogen boiler to heat home

And, does he have a FuelCell or is the car the key to the whole system?

Adding to your list, 28kw probably won't carry 5 houses.

There was a guy here in Michigan that was using PV to get Hydrogen from H²O and storing it in propane tanks. He claimed to be able to keep enough in a Toyota Celica (iirc), that his gf drove on the road and around town.
He made some kind of catalyst for the inside of the tank that absorbed the hydrogen more densely when electrically charged and like a solid state cooler can also heat, which in this case would give up the gas when the polarity was reversed.
I'm sure he patented it and someone bought and mothballed the working plan ?
There is a video somewhere on Youtube that shows these tanks. The needed material is some radioactive isotope and there was a small heater that provide enough heat in the tank to release the hydrogen.

Interesting part of it all was the guy with the car was the same guy who claimed he worked at Area 51 and saw little green men. :)

Edit: Name is Bob Lazar

A lot of things are possible, but may be neither practical or economic.

I am told that a great many people that spent a lot on buying an electric vehicle now regret the purchase for a variety of reasons.
The fad seems to have now peaked, and the auto manufacturers are having a great deal of difficulty selling their electric toys in the numbers they anticipated.

Attachments

• Invoice-for-a-replacement-battery-on-an-EC-.jpg
    Invoice-for-a-replacement-battery-on-an-EC-.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have a whole other addiction - er hobby: buying fixing selling or just driving til they wear out used cars.
I have purchased a car with 'blown engine' for 175 bucks, and put a few hundred into parts (exhaust valves) and gasket sets and safetied and drove these cars. When the kids were in college they each got a cheap used 4-banger and it didn't cost much for gas or keeping these simple cars going.
Pick a model that has a million+ produced, and you can always get them/parts for cheap.
The problem I saw when looking for a used EV is these are not very old yet (you don't want the ones that are old) and there are really not a lot of them out there in the resale market (yet) to push the prices down to the level I would like. Maybe one day.

I have a whole other addiction - er hobby: buying fixing selling or just driving til they wear out used cars.
I have purchased a car with 'blown engine' for 175 bucks, and put a few hundred into parts (exhaust valves) and gasket sets and safetied and drove these cars. When the kids were in college they each got a cheap used 4-banger and it didn't cost much for gas or keeping these simple cars going.
Pick a model that has a million+ produced, and you can always get them/parts for cheap.
The problem I saw when looking for a used EV is these are not very old yet (you don't want the ones that are old) and there are really not a lot of them out there in the resale market (yet) to push the prices down to the level I would like. Maybe one day.
Getting an old gasoline banger running again can provide pretty low cost motoring.
A second owner EV is almost always going to require a new battery, and that is going to be a massive problem with no cheap solution.

Getting an old gasoline banger running again can provide pretty low cost motoring.
A second owner EV is almost always going to require a new battery, and that is going to be a massive problem with no cheap solution.
The ICE tech is well established and there is little variation between models even sharing components between major brands, contrast this with EV's that are still very different and still changing year to year.
When you get a cheap ICE used car and fix it up, you don't pay for the fuel unitl you need it.
Getting an EV is more like pre-paying for the 'fuel' with the car. If the battery doesn't last you may have paid for fuel you didn't get.

Back