diy solar

diy solar

Jack Rickard said the BMS started most the fires in the early days. Balance resistors heat. This Pack went up today and IDK why.

Smokin

Were Cookin Now.
This thing just went up in smoke. I was there when it happened. Lucky I guess.IMG_20220216_132457.jpg

Wow! what is the brand of this cordless tool?
Craftsman tool but the battery is Chinesium.

I ordered the battery for the craftsman set of tools that had tired nicads. I didn't have the charger. I used a bench power supply to charge to 20.5 volts. This is common here to charge drill packs this way. However the meter on the pack only showed 1 light out of 4. The SOC meter lights didn't respond to charging. Strange. I only charged it 2 times. Today while tinkering around doing some wood work the smoke started pouring out. The impact drill was off laying there. Strange.

Last edited:
Did you send the pictures to the seller? Luckily you are there when it happened.

I think I figured out what happened. The drill shorted out and caused the bms to burn. May be a case for removing the battery when not in use. Maybe

Last edited:
I think I figured out what happened. The drill shorted out and caused the bms to burn. May be a case for removing the battery when not in use. Maybe
Leaving the battery in the tool leads to a slow drain on the battery....so i never leave them in and charge them before use....as long as its not dead i leave them at whatever voltage they are untill the next use....no issues since

There's supposed to be internal circuitry protection against this worst case scenario.

It takes a lot of watts to do that much damage & the batteries may now have internal damage from overcorrect.

This
will give you idea of the temps.

Back