diy solar

diy solar

JBD 16S 200A config settings

MKalman

Hey everyone I finally got my BMS in my 16S battery installed and I’m looking for the safe settings for a 16S EVE 230ah configuration, any chance someone could share their settings?

Hey everyone I finally got my BMS in my 16S battery installed and I’m looking for the safe settings for a 16S EVE 230ah configuration, any chance someone could share their settings?
I am looking for same info. Manual is a little weak for settings.

I am looking for same info. Manual is a little weak for settings.
I found that I can click on the BMS read at the top left which filled in a lot of the parameters that I was then able to edit, but now when I click BMS write, it gives me an error:

Error
Value check for 'Cycle Count' failed.
Reason: value is less or equal to 0

No Idea where I can change this though

I found that I can click on the BMS read at the top left which filled in a lot of the parameters that I was then able to edit, but now when I click BMS write, it gives me an error:

Error
Value check for 'Cycle Count' failed.
Reason: value is less or equal to 0

No Idea where I can change this though
anything?

For safe high/low battery voltage settings, find what people are using for 4s and multiply by four. The individual cell settings would be the same since cells in 4s and 16s are both 3.2 volt nominal cells.

From https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/design-your-own-12v-lifepo4-system.html, a @Will Prowse sister site:

48V LiFePO4 Battery w/ BMS
  • Absorption: 58V
  • Float: 54.4V
  • Inverter Cut-off: 42.8V-48V
And this:

If you want your LiFePO4 cells to last a long time, you can set your absorption to Victron's custom LiFePO4 charge profile recommendation:
  • 48V Battery: 56.4V

• Absorption: 58V
  • Float: 54.4V
  • Inverter Cut-off: 42.8V-48V
These are charge settings, not things a BMS should have anything to do with.

The BMS is to protect your battery and keep it within its safety bounds: 2.5V and 3.65V. Being a little conservative, I set my BMS just inside these to 2.8V and 3.63V (or something like that). You can set the battery voltage to 16x these cell level values; the cell level limits will likely be hit first because the chances of reaching the extremes with all cells equal is exceedingly small.

Similarly, if you are looking for conservative charging numbers, I only charge to 3.45Vpc (x16 = 55.2V). This is a gentle 100% charge.
After a full charge, i look at where the cells settle in an hour and set the float just below this to keep from micro-cycling (charge, settle, charge, settle...).

This works for me, YMMV.

These are charge settings, not things a BMS should have anything to do with.

The BMS is to protect your battery and keep it within its safety bounds: 2.5V and 3.65V. Being a little conservative, I set my BMS just inside these to 2.8V and 3.63V (or something like that). You can set the battery voltage to 16x these cell level values; the cell level limits will likely be hit first because the chances of reaching the extremes with all cells equal is exceedingly small.

Similarly, if you are looking for conservative charging numbers, I only charge to 3.45Vpc (x16 = 55.2V). This is a gentle 100% charge.
After a full charge, i look at where the cells settle in an hour and set the float just below this to keep from micro-cycling (charge, settle, charge, settle...).

This works for me, YMMV.
Yes, of course. Thanks. I have charging on the brain lately....

yes, I have the paid app. after numerous tries I was able to write settings to the BMS, not sure why it worked.

Back