diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S 200A BMS

Have you meanwhile received confirmation from Nami or otherwise regarding the presence of "3A" over-current protection within the BMS itself).
Knowing this reliably would be very helpful for me, as I am just about to build such a system.
I was strongly encouraged to use my relay-based configuration instead. If you fry the internal circuit, it apparently can't be fixed.

I was strongly encouraged to use my relay-based configuration instead. If you fry the internal circuit, it apparently can't be fixed.
It also does not have very good programming logic. It only turns on heat when the BMS turns off charging and vise versa. I would rather see it come on just a bit before low temp cutoff so that the charging does not cut off. I would also take the power from the charge source rather than the battery so that you are only producing heat when you have the power to do so AND the need. If you do not have a charge source available, you do not need to heat the battery because it can be discharged down to -20ºC but cannot be charged below 0ºC.

This means that there is no 3A over-current protection within the BMS itself.
Do I get that right?

This means that there is no 3A over-current protection within the BMS itself.
Do I get that right?
I think that is correct. Your heater pad configuration (if used directly) not exceed the 70w nor 3A limits. If you use an automotive relay to control the heater pads, as I do, then the load on on the BMS heater control circuit is only the relay coil - virtually nothing at all.

Hey all - does anyone have the JK BMS app APK that was functional on at least Android 9 that they could provide me?

I am primarily an iPhone user and have only a few older Android devices for a few simple tasks, but my newest device is still running Android 9.

Long story short I want to factory reset my JK 200A BMS as I'm having continued problems with the unit not wanting to calibrate itself correctly so far as SOC display. So I'm going to try a full factory reset. I see the factory reset procedure was mentioned earlier in this thread, however, it seems like only the Android version of the app has the "Factory reset" option, and the iPhone versions of the app do not.

But the latest and greatest version of the App in the Google Play Store refuses to install on Android 9.

Wow 19 pages, I need this BMS to replace and older 100 amp. Who is a good source for a genuine JK 4S 200 amp

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get the cable that connects to the heater port? There wasn't one in the box and can't find it on AliExpress.
The suffix 'H' on BMS represents the built-in heating chip, and BMS will also be equipped with free heating cables,
If it is a standard BMS, the heating function is not supported.

The suffix 'H' on BMS represents the built-in heating chip, and BMS will also be equipped with free heating cables,
If it is a standard BMS, the heating function is not supported.
It states it has the heater function on the specs but I'll check the part code. Thanks!

Does anyone know where to get the cable that connects to the heater port? There wasn't one in the box and can't find it on AliExpress.
I have the same issue, ordered the H-version of the JK-BMS but the cable for the heater port was not included. I've been chatting with the supplier about it without any success so far, so I'm also trying to find a place where I can buy the cable.

I have the same issue, ordered the H-version of the JK-BMS but the cable for the heater port was not included. I've been chatting with the supplier about it without any success so far, so I'm also trying to find a place where I can buy the cable.

You don't have the heater port or just the cable? My BMS definitely has the socket attached but I think I've been sold the version with the heater circuit.

I've found the cable, it's a JST - GH 1.25mm 7 pin Plug. I've ordered a connector off eBay and will give it a go with my BMS anyway

I currently have a 4S 12v setup using the JBD SP04S028 as my BMS. I am planning on building two more of the exact same battery pack with the same BMS and would parallel the 3 battery packs. So i would be a 4S3P setup with a total capacity of 840ah, with each pack having its own BMS. From the spec sheet I should be able to do this as long as the 3 packs are at the same SOC / similar voltages?

Anyone done this? Any concerns or issues? Would you recommend a different setup? Thanks in advance!

I currently have a 4S 12v setup using the JBD SP04S028 as my BMS. I am planning on building two more of the exact same battery pack with the same BMS and would parallel the 3 battery packs. So i would be a 4S3P setup with a total capacity of 840ah, with each pack having its own BMS. From the spec sheet I should be able to do this as long as the 3 packs are at the same SOC / similar voltages?

Anyone done this? Any concerns or issues? Would you recommend a different setup? Thanks in advance!
I have a 4s2p working this way and it works good.
Should also work with 4s3p.

I have a 4s2p working this way and it works good.
Should also work with 4s3p.
Thanks Mill, did you need to configure anything on the BMS? Does it balance between cells or did you find your two packs ever get out of synch?

Thanks Mill, did you need to configure anything on the BMS? Does it balance between cells or did you find your two packs ever get out of synch?
They can get out of sync but only when pulling high currents.
Both my batteries have the same voltage and the same cell voltage and difference.
My cells have a voltage difference of 0.001 Volt at most at rest and deviate to a max of about 0.07 when under moderate to low load.
My batteries are in my camper trailer.

Any luck with the BMS without the heating cable but with port? Is it working?

Last edited:
The First Charging Test. (Passed, but the error log and display showed numerous 'abnormal' events.)

I attached a very cheap, low-power bench charger for this test. It is capable of creating voltage above 14.4V, but shuts down when battery current falls below about 0.5A. That shutdown occurred at total pack voltage of 14.22V per the display, an average of 3.543V per cell with a delta below the 0.010 limit I had set in the App. During charging from

(I calibrated 'voltage' and 'current' values via the Coulomb counter yesterday, before "blowing up" the Coulomb Counter with a surge from the "dying" Inverter. So the BMS App is now providing the best numbers which I can get. I'm sorry about that event, which prevents any further testing of the output current limits for this BMS unit.)​

During the charge process (initiated at pack Voltage 13.173 Volts), balancing occurred without issues from time to time, and with no interruption of the charging process.

However, during charging, the Stats Display blinked a warning message (in red) about an "abnormal state" being detected. Each occurrence was automatically recovered ("cancellation") so quickly that I could not read the message. This message appeared at intervals between about 5 seconds and 40 seconds, for the entire duration of the charging cycle. In the "system" log, the first 50 messages record the detection and and cancellation of the error code in pairs, each pair of log entries occurring within the same second. Here is one of the log entry pairs. The gaps in time occur after the second message of each pair:

7. Before [3H11M29S] - [Abnormal coprocessor communication]
8. Before [3H11M30S] - {Abnormal cancellation of coprocessor communication]

I think that the 2nd message has a slight translation problem (word order), and could be perhaps be worded more clearly as "Cancellation of abnormal coprocessor communication".

In any case, I am unsure whether a problem is present in the unit, or whether the cheap charger is putting out far too much THD (i.e., 120-VAC "passing through" into the DC output. I do not have an oscilloscope for measuring that.
Having the same problem with my PowerMr Inverter. But only when charging with AC, during charging with PV input no error messages

Back